Hey stranger! Answer me!

Kokichi sat in the comfort of his room. Wearing some comfortable pajamas, he was getting ready for bed but he decided that maybe he should have some fun. He took his phone that was sitting on the bedside table. As he was typing into it, his cat walked into the room. The cat was a black and white American shorthair named Po. Kokichi was the one that named him. As the small cat slinked into his room, Kokichi put his finger to his lips to hush the cat, not like Po would ask him about what he was doing or anything.

Kokichi smirked as he tapped the dial button. Little did Rantarou know that when he yanked his phone to call the stranger, he actually also texted the number to himself then deleted the chat to cover the incriminating evidence. He held the phone to his ear and thought about what he was going to say. He thought the prank was a flop but he wasn't going to give up. He wanted to see how this would end.

"H-hello..?"

Kokichi wistfully thought to himself a moment. "Oh hi! How's your day?" He decided to ask casually.

"G-good..? Who is this..?"

Oh yeah, Rantarou never really told the boy his name and vice versa. This was going to be a little harder than he expected. Po pounced on Kokichi's desk. Kokichi would usually walk over and harshly shoo the cat but he decided that he should do that later, Po is a good boy that didn't knock anything down at least. He had to focus on this at the moment.

"Oh, you don't need to know that~ all I want to do is ask something." Kokichi took a deep breath, trying to compose himself. "Do you think Amami-Chan is attractive~? Y'know, considering that you were blushing when he was talking to you! I'm just asking because he lowkey wants to talk you and you should 100% go for it!" Kokichi said. He should've lightened it up a little bit to increase credibility but he couldn't. He thought about how the boy blushed when Rantarou asked for his number and thought it to be the funniest thing. The line remained quiet but Kokichi could still hear the background noise, it sounded like a fan.

"But he said that we would end this. So p-please stop calling me."

"Wow, that's pretty me-" the boy hung up. This boy was clearly not stupid. Aw man. It was worth a try at least. Kokichi looked at Po who was pawing at the computer mouse. Kokichi ran over and shooed the cat away. The cat quickly ran and jumped off the table, clearly being startled. Kokichi was surprised how Po still loved him, even if he was the one shooing him most of the time. Kokichi looked at the digital clock on his computer desk. It was 12 AM, Kokichi really needed to sleep or his guardian would yell at him.

The next day, Kokichi put on his white hoodie over some dark purple jeans. He shoved his feet into some white high tops, grabbed his backpack, took the toast his guardian made and ran. He overslept again, he was ready for a scolding from his two friends and for another day of homeroom detention.

"Ouma, what happened this time?" Rantarou asked as class ended. Kokichi had a homeroom detention slip and a late pass stuffed into his hoodie pocket. Rantarou was wearing the usual plain grey top that slung a little bit off his shoulder, revealing the strap of a black tank top. He wore black jeans with a wristband to match the color. He even wore a necklace that had a grey dog tag attached to it. A black beanie was tucked into his pocket due to the not hat policy.
"I ran late, duh!" Kokichi replied with a smile. "I mean why did you run late." Rantarou emphasized. "Oh yeah! So I was about to skip school but changed my mind last minute!" Kokichi answered. "Are you serious?!" Rantarou said and Kokichi giggled. "No! It's a lie!" He triumphed and he saw the unamused look on Rantarou's face.

They heard footsteps as Kaede approached them. Kaede wore a white button up with a maroon suspender skirt that flared with every quick step she made. "There you are Ouma-kun! What happened?" She asked. She sounded worried. "Oh yeah Akamatsu, where were you?" Rantarou asked. She was standing with him earlier but ran off. She blushed. "I-I may have been talking to Maizono-senpai.." she said sheepishly and Kokichi giggled. Maybe if he teased her about it, the subject would change. "Why don't you confess already~?" Kokichi chimed and Kaede blushed even more. "Ahem! Ouma you still didn't answer our question!" Rantarou scolded. Oh no, his big brother instincts were kicking in! Curse his experience with having 12 younger sisters!

"Alright alright! Geez! I overslept!" Kokichi admitted and Kaede was the first to sigh. "Ouma-kun, I told you to set an alarm.." she said in sheer disappointment. "I did! Haven't you heard of the snooze button, Akamatsu-chan?!" Kokichi said defensively. "Haven't you heard of disabling the snooze button?!" Rantarou said back, fighting fire with fire. Kokichi legitimately looked taken aback. "Y-Yeah I knew that.." no he didn't. "At least you're safe.." Kaede said with a sigh of relief. "Yeah, don't worry Akamatsu-chan, you know I'll never get hurt!" He said with a thumbs up. "Oh yeah, Ouma can I ask you something?" Rantarou suddenly said. Kokichi thought nothing of it. "Sure~ anything for you Amami-Chan~" He said with a cheer.

"Why is my chat with you gone?" Rantarou said with a dead serious tone and Kokichi remained unphased, he was a professional liar. "You probably deleted it by accident! After all, you do tend to do that to save space! Besides most of our exchanges are in the group chat anyway!" Kokichi said and he felt relief when Rantarou actually seemed to fall for it. "Yeah, I guess it's true. It's good that you didn't do something stupid." He replied casually, though there was some skepticism weaved in his response. Kokichi wanted to ask what he meant but he clearly knew what it was and if he asked, it could ruin his cover.
————————————————————————
"Saihara-kun, you look worried." Kiibo pointed out after he managed to study Shuuichi's face. It's not like he was wrong, Shuuichi was still a little shaken up by the recent events. He managed to forget about it due to it being some time ago but last night's call raised the topic back into relevancy. He disliked it. He didn't even know why he kept thinking about it. It's even worse because he told Kiibo about it at the cafe when it actually happened. It took Kiibo a while before he spoke again. "Is it about that time?" He asked, he didn't need to be direct for Shuuichi to know what he was talking about. "A little bit." Shuuichi answered. He really couldn't lie to Kiibo, even if he did try to lie to Kiibo, his processors would detect it immediately.

"I-I guess I'm a little upset because I was the target of a dare." Shuuichi explained as he sighed. "It was even worse when the guy's friend called and tried to flirt with me while imitating him." Shuuichi said with a soft groan. Kiibo's eyes widened. "Are you serious?!" He asked even though he knew that Shuuichi wasn't the kind to kid around. Shuuichi just nodded. "Luckily, that guy and I finally decided to put an end to it. So it'll be okay." Shuuichi said to reassure Kiibo with a smile. Kiibo sighed in relief. Shuuichi saw the relief on his friend's face and decided not to tell him about last night. He didn't want to concern his friend. "Oh yeah Kiibo-kun, I'm glad you're back, is your joint doing alright?" Shuuichi brought up and Kiibo enthusiastically nodded his head.

"Yes! And Professor Iidabashi also adjusted to be more durable so it won't happen again!" Kiibo said with a big smile as Shuuichi slid a stack of papers on Kiibo's desk. "Thank you so much for taking my notes Saihara-kun! I'm so grateful to have you as a friend!" Kiibo cheered when he saw Shuuichi sliding the papers on his desk. "I-it's no problem really." Shuuichi replied, he always got nervous when it came to praise no matter who it came from. Before class could start, Shuuichi once again opened his recently called list on his phone and deleted the unknown number. Hopefully, it stayed that way. He felt his face get a little flushed as the number faded away with a blink of red, all he could think about was what the guy's friend was saying.
"Do you find Amami-Chan attractive~?"