XI. Reese

~~~~(That same day, February 24th)

~~~~
(That same day, February 24th)

I never thought I was pretty, believe it or not. Lauren Phillips was pretty, shit, she was damn near perfect compared to me. I was just the offspring of a pothead who couldn't even keep her child from off the streets like she was. I never thought I was pretty because when I was younger, I didn't have much. I had maybe one baby doll named Lucy but my hair was always a mess, my clothes never fitted, I went hungry often and I was just unfortunate growing up.

But at the age of 17 and 16, I started taking care of myself better. My mama never taught me when I was young, so I had to learn on my own and with Terrance's money, I became...appealing than I ever was back then. Of course, I didn't think anything of it. In my mind, I was still that crackheaded baby with no eyebrows and scars...

But most people didn't see that up front...

I remember meeting a dear friend of mine once Molly got in with Mike and his boys

I remember meeting a dear friend of mine once Molly got in with Mike and his boys. It was freshly after my breakup and I already had Chaz wanting to make love to me again, but then another one came around.

(That evening, 6:45 PM)
📍Fruitvale, CA

"Molly...I'm scared. These niggas the real deal and I have red hair for crying out loud" I said, checking my lips in the mirror as we sat in the car.

"Remember. Show no fear, we gotta get out here with the big boys, Ro. It's time to put on our big girl panties and go in there with our balls hanging"

"What if I left mine at home" I teased, laughing.

She gave me a look and turned off the car finally, by then some of the girls Molly also invited from our crew was crowding around our car for her to lead the way.

Well, this should be...fun.

*

Sitting at a huge circular table, me and the girls sat side by side while a few niggas from the mob sat in front of us. I had cold feet sitting in a place like this, this was truly a trap house and guns littered the entire crib. Anyone could lose their mind and blast all of us in bloody murder. Even more nerving though, was the looks I got from this one guy in particular.