『 thirty six: WILTED WOMAN. 』

『 chapter xxxvi: WILTED WOMAN

chapter xxxvi: WILTED WOMAN.

—AND JUNE COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE UPSET  by the fact that his cold lips captured hers

—AND JUNE COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE UPSET by the fact that his cold lips captured hers. She yanked back immediately, shoving him with all her might. She would've slapped him, but she didn't know if she'd break her damn hand giving him a feathery hit. June stood there, disgusted and shocked, holding her lips like he had taken them. If there was one thing June hated more, it was men who touched girls without their consent and this vampire had none of hers. June was furious, a fire burned inside that almost debilitated her. She hated even more how long she waited to pull away and how she thought, even if his lips were cold, they were soft. June almost punched herself for her trailing thoughts. They sickened her. This was Edward. Her older sisters boyfriend.

The bearer of everything fucked up that happened to Bella these past months and he had the audacity to kiss her.

"You fucking idiot," June breathed out.

Edward just stood, eyes wide as hers. "Juniper—"

"You touchy feely, cold-lipped fucking idiot!" June spat in his face, angry. "How fucking dare you do this! You're in a relationship with my sister! She almost died because of you! She has to become one of you, because of you! Because you made her save your sorry ass from those pompous fuckers in Italy!"

"Juniper, let me explain," Edward got out, looking as bewildered as she was, he ran his hand through his hair. "Firstly, I'm sorry — for kissing you without your consent, it was not noble of me, it was the behavior of men I've killed in the past. I don't expect forgiveness, but I need to get that out before anything else." He looks into eyes before continuing stiffly. "Secondly, I just needed to see something. A test of some sorts."

"Test?" June echoes angrily. "What fucking test permits you to kiss your girlfriends sister?"

Edward looks away, ashamed. Good. "It racked my mind the entire time I was away," He confesses, sighing. "I spent my time usefully, trying my best to stay away ..."