Chapter 51- you have changed so much

Three years.

Three years has passed by ever since I found out that I have stage III leukemia, a deadly cancer.

These three years have passed by so slow yet so fast. Slow because I have been away from my friends for three years and fast because I have the perfect family that I have always wanted.

I have thought about back home, every single day for the past three years. How I missed our trip, how I missed graduating with them, how I miss my old high school.

I take a deep breath and write down everything in my little diary which I started keeping after I found out about cancer. The doctors told me that I actually have a high risk of losing my memory, and I didn't want to forget about anything.

So, I write down my feelings and everything I do. It has kept me going for the last three years and I believe I could do it for couple more.

"Vee?" Someone calls out for me.

I look inside from the balcony and notice a confused Aurora waiting inside my room. I quickly tug my diary away in my bag and walk inside my room.

"What happened Aurora?" I ask and her face lightens up when she sees me.

She runs towards me and hugs me. "I just missed you," she says and I hug her back.

She is now thirteen and is actually quite tall. Both of us look so much alike because we both look like our mother. She also decided to get bangs like mom.

She pulls away and there is a smile etched onto her face. "What did you do?" I ask, suspiciously.

"Something special for you," she grins.

"And that is?" I ask and she pulls out something from her bag.

"Close your eyes," she demands and I oblige as I slowly close my eyes. I open them slightly to notice her standing there with a smirk on her face. "Yeah, I know you well Vee. Close, eyes, now."

"Fine," I groan in frustration and flutter my eyes close.

"No cheating," she demands and I nod. "Put your hands forward."

I slowly extend my arms towards her. "Is it an animal?" I cry out in horror and pull my hands back to myself as she starts laughing hysterically.

"No, put your hands forward," she demands and I hesitate before extending them in front of her again while my eyes closed.

After couple of seconds I feel something soft like a paper falling onto my palms. I open my eyes and see a boarding pass in my hand.

"Boarding passes? Where are we going?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"Not us, you are."

My eyebrows furrow in confusion and she smiles. "Where am I going? I don't want to go to London for the treatment. I already told them about it."

"Oh god Vee, you're not going to London," she says and points to the boarding pass.

I read the pass carefully and a smile slowly appears on my face. "New York?" I ask and she nods. "I'm- I'm going back to New York?"

She slowly nods and I pull her into a heart wrenching hug. "Oh Aurora, I'm so happy," I swing her around and finally put her down.

"Yeah, I figured you might be," she says. "No problem by the way."

"I should thank both moms for giving me this," I say and start to walk outside my room but she pulls me to my bed. "What?"

"Actually," She stutters ad looks away. "They don't know."