Chapter 33 | In The Crowd

Y'all are flipping flapjacks KILLIN' IT!

For real tho, what did I do to deserve y'all? ;(

I don't update consistently =_= yet y'all manage to get this book to 10K+ reads and manage to hit 100+ read for every chapter?!?

God damn am I freaking lucky!

Thanks for the tremendous support so looks like your girl has to get back on that grind to pop out more chapters!

Can we hit a hunnit on dis one too?

Muwah (my lame attempt at a virtual kiss)

Be sure to share, vote, comment, and follow!

-Anne

•••

Chapter 33 | In The Crowd

It was time for the halftime show, our team surprisingly tied with the other.

It was rare that we tied in a season game and it brought all its suspense, anxiousness, and excitement to this last one.

The dance routine was complex, Hailey leading the counts from the bleachers.

As the music turned on, flips and countless of moves were synchronized to the remix. It was tiring none to say the least.

With a loud cheer every time a sexy move was done, the dance ended with most of us breaking a sweat and out of breath.

We rallied for a bit before heading back into the tunnel and refreshing ourselves. Most of us went to go grab a drink and retouch our makeup, not wanting to look like a oily melting mess in the final pictures.

My eyes immediately trailed to Grayson who was discussing a play with nothing but a serious face on.

Damn, he looked SOO sexy. But also very cute?

I rolled my eyes at the thought and grabbed my Hydroflask and took a sip of the ice cold water.

"Can I have a drink? I'm very thirsty." A voice asked from behind me.

I turned around to find a guy, perhaps a freshman or sophomore checking me out.

"Beat it Bellerman, she's mine." Gray said possessively as he grabbed the bottle and took a sip from it.

The kid groaned and headed towards the rest of the JV team who just laughed at his sorry attempt.

A part of me gushed over his possessiveness.

Oh shit.

I'm his.

Those words were deadass enough to leave me in a puddle.

"I might've downed half of your water bottle again." He apologized.

I chuckled. It has become our routine as I now packed enough ice water for the two of us.

"I saw you out there dancing babe." He whispered huskily in my ear as he pulled me close.

"Just a quick tip, don't shake your ass too much unless you wanna be sore all weekend." He muttered.

I grinned and slapped his chest as he shrugged and made his way back out to the field.

Whatever. Boys will be boys.