13| the memory lane

Asanda | Carly•••••••••••••••••••••••8: 30pm

Asanda | Carly
•••••••••••••••••••••••
8: 30pm

"Reeds. What's up with calling me this late?"

"Sorry, I wanted to tell you this tomorrow morning before school but I can't hold myself"

"What is it Carly? You're scaring me"

"It's nothing big... just that Ijusttalkedtojamie"

"Speak up Reeds. I can't hear you"

"I just talked to Jamie"

"YOU WHAT?!"

"Geez. Could you shout any louder? I didn't hear that at all"

"Don't play with me Reeds. Tell me I didn't hear you properly and you didn't say that you spoke with Jamie"

"... I...did?"

"Why the hell would you do that?"

"Well he came to me first"

"REEDS!"

"Okay fine! I only did it for you Asa"

"Start talking Reeds or I'll slap you through this damn phone"

"I thought if I could convince him to ask for your forgiveness, maybe you would get over it and give yourself a chance to be happy. I mean for the past few days when you were talking to Caleb or whatever his name is--"

"--Colton"

"-- you were smiling and laughing more and now that you don't talk to him anymore you're back to your brooding self and I don't like it"

"...Carly, I love you and you know that. You're my best friend and you want what is best for me but I can't talk to Jamie... let alone forgive him. You know what he did and--"

"Don't cry Asanda. I'm sorry. I thought maybe if you forgave him..."

"I know ... I'm just not ready to talk to him yet..."

"Does that mean you'll talk to him when you are ready?"

"... I don't know Carly"

"Well at least its not a flat out no like usually"

"Your pestering skills do wonders for me"

"I prefer being persuasive. I only want the best for you"

"I know. You sound like my mother"

"I taught her all she knows"

"You're crazy"

"If I remember correctly, we became best friends for that reason only. You told me I was crazy"

"You still remember that? We were like what? Six?"

"Five but yeah. Your exact words were. You're crazy but I like that so you're my new best friend"

"Ah. The good old days"

"You're making us seem ancient"

"Not on purpose but it does seem like a lifetime ago when we were five with no care in the world and now we are in college"

"Right? I miss us playing in the mud and stuff"

"I remember I used to force you to eat those worms we found in my backyard. That was hilarious!"

"That was disgusting. You convinced me that they were sweets even though they were wiggling, clearly still alive"

"Carly. You have to agree that you weren't the brightest crayon in the box and you still aren't"

"Hey! That's really offending!"

"Its the truth"

"You're mean"

"You're crazy"

"... I'm sorry for talking to Jamie by the way. You'll talk to him when you're ready. I won't force you again"

"It's okay Carly. I understand your intentions for doing so. Just don't do it again"

"I promise"

"Good. Anyway, I'm hitting the hay. Later Carly"

"Later Asa"

Sixty three reads?😊😊 Improvement

Sixty three reads?😊😊 Improvement. Thank you so much❤❤

Written: 17 March 2018
Published: 13 September 2018

---540 Words---