14| the reverse psychology

Asanda | Colton

Asanda | Colton

•••••••••••••••••••••
1: 30 pm

"Hello! This is the Suicide Hotline, where we try to convince you not to kill yourself. How may I help you?"

"Thank goodness!"

"Chicken?"

"Asanda. I've finally found you"

"You've been looking for me?"

"Not in that way Asa. I called the first time and a woman named Mandy answered and told me that you're suspended for two days. Two days later the same woman tells me that your suspension has been extended for a week and your alloted time has been changed , rudely might I add"

"So you've been looking for me?"

"Duh. I don't know how many times I called just to hear your voice. I think I've ran out of money"

"You did that for me?"

"Of course. You're my friend aren't you?"

"...I..."

"Speechless aren't we? Don't worry, I get that a lot as well as people being breathless before my presence"

"Why would you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Waste your money just to find me?"

"I did it because I wanted to and because you're interesting enough to talk to"

"I'm flattered"

"You should be. Because I don't say that to everybody I talk to. That means your special"

"Oh goody! How long did your search take?"

"About three days thats all. But I've run out of credit so I have to reload in order to keep talking to you... unless you make my life and wallet easier..."

"By doing what?"

"Giving me your numbers so I cannot shed a tear everytime I take out money"

"Don't you have a plan?"

"Waste of time"

"At least they cost a whole lot less everytime you call"

"Is this your way of saying no?"

"...I don't know you that well"

"I knew you'd say that. What else do you wanna know about my charming self?"

"Charming self?"

"Yes ... I just rendered you speechless a few moments ago didn't I? That's me being charming"

"Right okay. Well, What's your major?"

"Major? Going deep aren't we?"

"Is that deep? I didn't mean--"

"Relax Asa I'm kidding. I major in marine biology. I love seeing sea animals"

"Interesting--"

"Ice cream!"

"What?"

"Ice cream ... that's your new nickname because ice creams are sweet just like you"

"Charming. But how about you keep looking Chicken?"

"You still don't like it?"

"It sounds weird, imagine you calling me ice cream while we're in public"

"Aww... am I that amazing that you want us to meet already? ... forget that, I know I'm amazing"

"... what? ... I... I meant that.."

"You're so easy to tease Asa. Relax, I know what you meant, but for real though do you want us to meet?"

"Its too early to say"

"In other words. Not now Colton, I'm afraid that I might pass out from your amazingness. Let me first get used to it"

"That's not what I mean"

"Its totally what you mean!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"I knew you'd agree with me"

"Ugh! You played me!"

"I didn't. You just said what you know is true"

"It isn't true"

"It is true and you know it. Deep down in your heart"

"Don't go all philosophical on me"

"Oh baby girl... that's wasn't philosophical. You'd know if I was philosophical"

"..."

"Asa?"

"You just called me baby girl"

"Is that a problem? I could think up of an--"

"N-no don't, I- I like it"

"You do? Well then, that's settled. You're my baby girl"

"O-Okay. I have to hang up though or Love might suspend me again"

"That's cool. I'll talk to you later baby girl"

"... L-Later Chicken"

*dial tone*

Written: 17 March 2018Published: 13 September 2018

Published: 13 September 2018

---611 Words---