Chapter 7

My phone alarm is what got me up this morning

        My phone alarm is what got me up this morning. I've been having to wake up earlier then I would like because of all the things my agent has gotten lined up for me to do.

It's been a week and a half since I've gotten back to the swing of things. I've been in training camp, plus on top of that I've been doing lots of promotional stuff with adidas.

I signed with adidas last season making me millions, they were the first brand to reach out after I got out of college.

My day consists of protein shakes, training camp, meetings, and posts updates on all my social accounts . My agent, Terry, really thought it was a bad idea that I went on a social media black out.

"You can't leave your fans hanging, they're gonna think your dead or something" he told me.

In which I agreed, the fans need to know I'm back on my grind and ready to start the season.

I didn't have camp today as this was our "rest day", but I decided to work out a bit in my at-home gym to start my morning off. The music from my gym stereo was blasting as I hit the treadmill.

After thirty minutes on the treadmill I hopped off- I was already drenched in sweat.
My favorite song at the moment from Migos began to play and I was vibing to it.

Swinging my towel around my neck, I wiped off some sweat and turned the volume up on the speaker nodding my head to the music.

Grabbing the dumbbells I went to start my next rep.

After the quick gym session, I went back to my room to shower—the water cooling my body down immediately. I stepped out after a good twenty minutes, wrapped the towel around my waist.

I walked back into my room to grab, my phone and go down stairs to make some breakfast.
As I was making my protein smoothie, a feeling of loneliness I've been getting lately came over me.

The quietness of the house haunted me. Growing up, my house was never quiet despite me being the only child. I lived in the same neighborhood as my five cousins and they would always come sleep over—they filled the void of me wanting a sibling. My mom wanted other kids, but after she had me she suffered complications. She had two miscarriages and ultimately decided to stop trying for more kids.

Also, When I went off to college I had Tevin as a roommate so I was never alone-alone.

This feeling of loneliness is not one that I'm fond of or all that use to. Maybe I'll get a dog, yeah I'll get a dog.

I grabbed my phone "Siri, find a near by pet store"

"I have found 7 results for nearby pet stores"
I clicked the first result and reminded my self to go check it out later.