19. Titanic

타이타닉

타이타닉

HAVING THE PHONE PRESSED AGAINST HER EAR, June tried to keep her balance, one handedly putting on the shoes before storming out the front doors. She had been talking to her mother for about good twenty minutes, their usual one hour session has been cut in half as June kept finishing her mother's sentences, even though she loved the conversations with her. Those few minutes almost making her feel as if she was still there with them, still with her family; still back home.

God, she missed home so much. Not particularly the always freezing bedrooms or the slippery marble stairs, but mostly the people inside that same house, along with the voices and the warmth surrounding them. That, she missed the most.

''Are your friends going to be there as well?'' Her mother asked, not really caring about the people in June's life as much as she did for the few minutes she got to hear her daughter's voice.

''Ma, I told you already. Namjoon invited me, it's a meeting with all the students from campus, from freshman to seniors.''

''Aha.'' The woman probably nodded on the other line. ''And that Namjoon guy, is he nice?''

''Yeah. He's really sweet and even offered to show around town.''

''That's nice.'' Her mother said before taking a deep breath, now her voice filled with a dash of concern. ''But June, honey, please take care of yourself and don't-''

''Don't do drugs. Go it, like always mama. I promise.''

''I love you.'' She sang from the other line.

''Love you too.'' With a small bye leaving her lips, their phone call ended as June found herself standing in front of the university. Eyes carefully scanning the name of it, she was making sure her feet were standing at the right place.

June was, without a doubt, more anxious than ever before. It was weird to think that she even agreed to something like this, something she has always been afraid of. However, if she wanted things to change, she needed to do this. She needed to take huge steps like these in order to beat the suffocating anxiety.

Otherwise she would be stuck in a vicious cycle, living the same every day life within the four walls of her tiny apartment.

So if meeting new people meant a step towards a better, healthier life, she was willing to do it. Mostly because Taehyung would be the one pushing her into doing it, telling her that no one was going to die, that nothing bad was going to happen if she started talking to people, making new friends and actually enjoying the social life.

But Taehyung wasn't here this time.

With her fists clenched she would purse her lips in a firm line, almost willing to turn around and go back home where she knows she would be safe.