Chapter 39

"Victoria, I heard about what happened. I'm so sorry." Elena said as soon as I picked. "Sebastian didn't tell me why you left until today. Why wasn't your phone on? I thought Jason made you. How is your mother?"

"I'm fine. And my mother is still in a coma."

"I wish I was there with you. I'm packing right now. I'll be there later tonight."

"You don't ha-"

"Yes I do. I'll see you later, okay?" She said softly.

"Okay." I nodded feeling a pinch in my heart.

We hung up and I placed on my desk taking a deep breath while looking at my shaking hands.

I wish I would stop crying. I don't want to anymore.

"You're not getting any work done Victoria. Let's go." I looked at Jason before grabbing my things and stood up without arguing.

I've been here since the morning, just reading things that weren't even going on my head. And I spent most of the times staring at the wall.

"Stubborn. I told you not to come."

I didn't say anything and just grabbed his hand walking out of my office.

****

"Why aren't you singing?" Jason asked, looking from his work, at the end of 'friends' theme song.

"You always complain about my horrible voice when I sing and now you're complaining because I am not singing."

"I like your horrible voice. Now sing!" He practically ordered making me look at him weirdly.

I looked at him weirdly smiling. "No." I replied looking back at my screen.

I wanted to be focused on the show but the constant beeping of my mother's monitor kept me from focusing.

Why can't she wake up?

I was snapped out my thoughts by fingers flicking my forehead. I glared at Jason when I saw a smile on his face before grabbing his hand and biting it.

He groaned pulling his hand away. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Stop flicking my forehead. It hurts." I hissed But smiled a little at his expression.

"You didn't smile for days, and the only reason you're smiling now is because of my pain."

I just shrugged and moved my eyes back to my mom.

"Take a look." Jason suddenly turning his laptop toward me.

I looked at it thinking it was work. I couldn't be more wrong though. It was a footage of the mental institute hallway leading to my mother's room.

"When was that?"

"The day it happened."

I furrowed my eyebrows and continued watching before the same guy in a hoodie opened her bedroom door.

My eyes stayed wide as he came out after a few minutes. It wasn't long before the nurses started running to her room.

"It was him."

"Looks like it." He places his laptop away and turned to look at me. "Now what?"

I hate feeling anger inside of me. It's bad and doesn't help you think straight. But that's all I could feel right now.

"I heard about what happened to your mom." He said, Of course if he's the one who caused it. One thing that is sure is that I've learned my lesson. That's what you get for get for giving people a second chance.

"Whatever you need me to do to wipe them all out of our lives."

He gave me a satisfied smile before looking back at his screen.

****

"I didn't see any of Jason's men downstairs." Kevin said as soon as I opened my front door for him.

"There are there. Jason just told them to be more discreet." I said as I closed the front door after he walked in.
"You seemed tense on the phone. Is everything alright?"

"Not really. Just needed to talk to someone. And you seem to be the only person who understands me these days."

"That's because I am." He said sitting on the couch like the last time. "Did something happen?"

"No it's just..." I hesitated. "Jason keeps asking me questions about what we talk about, and I don't want to lie to him. So I tell him."

He shook his head and I sat on the couch opposite of him. "You shouldn't. That's what they do. If you keep doing it. They will think they have a hold on you."

"Jason said you attached my mother and caused her attack."

He raised his eyebrows looking at me with slightly narrowed eyebrows. "Of course not. I told your mother wasn't my problem anymore."

I just stared at him maybe expecting him to but he just continued looking at me not saying anything.

"I'm sure Jason is just trying to make you doubt me. I'm the closest person to family you have." He stated.

I nodded slightly. "I know." I said and crossed my legs on the couch. "Can you tell me more about my dad?"

"Of course." He said suddenly relaxing and leaving back on the couch.

I didn't realize how tensed he was until he relaxed.

"As you know we grow up together. He was really smart, you know. Everyone thought he was made for greatness. He was just picked and raised by the wrong people and his intelligence turned out be used for bad things."

I just sat there trying to listen to his every word, and not let my mind drift into something else.

"You look so much like him. It's almost frightening. But he was very short tempered and didn't have the best attitude. You took your kindness from your mom. That's for sure." He continued explaining.

"Yeah. My mother always tells me I look like him."

"You're the only person who could a calm side out of him. You were his 'little flower', he used to talk about you a lot. From your first words to the first fist you pulled." He continued before leaning in.

I just there listening to him as he kept telling me about my father. If it was any other day, I would have maybe smiled at what he was telling, but this was not my day. So all I could give him were my ears and attention.

But after some time, he said he had to leave as usual before Jason comes.

I walked him to the door to make sure he left before locking it and going back to the living room to find Jason already waiting for me.

"You saw how tensed he was when you talked about your mother, didn't you?" He asked as I walked close to him.

"Yeah." I nodded placing my hands on his shoulders. "And to think he was running away from you when you were just here."

He smiled placing his hands on my waist. "We just wait for him to make the mistake that will ruin him."