Wake me up

Chapter 26- Wake me up.

    “We need matching blood! Type O will do.” Kuriyama examined her file before jotting down on her notebook. Yamamoto placed the syringe on the table and went to fetch some gloves. They’re working on the antidote.

    “This is really really mysterious. I’ve never seen anything like this.” Yamamoto spoke. Kuriyama kept silent.

    “How much possibilities that this antidote will work?” he asked again.

    “Probably 85%.” Kuriyama answered it short.

    Yamamoto smiled and continued his work. “You really love that girl, ne?”

    Kuriyama put down her file and sighed. “She’s like my daughter. We had so much fun together. It hurts me so much to see her dying.” She said.

    “Ah, that girl woke up yesterday. But she doesn’t feel well. She told me her head’s spinning and she couldn’t see much, her vision is still blurry. Her retina went wrong I think. And her cold sensitivity probably increases. She needed at least 3 blankets.” Yamamoto said.

    Kuriyama frowned. “I’ll definitely save her.”

    “I know you will.”

*  *  *  *

Seijuurou

    Ah, this feeling again. Is she awake? Is she smiling like always? Is she dead? Is she okay? Is she eating well? Did she take her breakfast?

    The sunlight pierced through my skin as I opened the curtain, revealing the sweet scenery of Kyoto. Not so sweet now. I checked my phone and there was a message from Yamamoto Sensei who was willing to come to Kyoto to treat Kina.

From: Yamamoto Yuuhei.

Good morning, Sei. She woke up yesterday night. It’d be best if you could see her today.

    As fast as lightning, more or less, I rushed into the bathroom, took a short shower and ran downstairs heading towards Kuruki Hospital where Kina is located.

*  *  *  *

Seikina

    Glad I’m experiencing skin-piercing sunlight again. Glad I’m able to breathe again. This is like a dream. It’s 8am and I’m lying on the bed, staring at the white ceiling. This must be a ward. The thickness of this bed shows it all.

    The door opened. I turned my head, sat up and grinned when I saw him entered. “Akashi!” I exclaimed and he sat on the chair beside my bed.

    “How are you feeling?” he asked, his voice low. It’s like he’s the one who’s dying.

    “More than okay, don’t worry. Have you taken your breakfast?” I answered and questioned him.

    He shook his head. “Kina....”

    “Hm?”

    “.... Wake me up, please. Tell me this is just a dream.”

    I smiled and exhaled sharply. “You’re completely awake. This is what you call reality, Seijuurou.”

    He seemed shocked when I called him by his first name. He bit his lower lip and looked away. “I refuse to accept this.”

    “Whether you refuse or not, it’s still happening. You’ll still have to accept this someday.” I said. He held my hand, leaned his elbow on the bed, rested his forehead on my hand and closed his eyes, enjoying the moment.