Elemental ( 10 )

I woke up to a bright light shining in my eyes. I groaned and raised my hand to shield my eyes from the light. I sat up and looked around at my surroundings. 

I was in what looked like the infirmary. The white walls and medical supplies gave it away. There were several other coats line down the wall and several on the other side too. I take a deep breath and look down at my leg. I was surprised when I saw it was almost healed. 

Memories of my fight with the Oneirdectus filled my thoughts as I looked at my leg. How in the hell did I shoot fire out of my hands! Needless to say, I was low-key freaking out.

A loud crash pulled me from my thoughts. I slowly got up and gingerly put pressure on my leg only to find that it didn't hurt. Maybe they had a weird healing potion here or something.

As I was walking out of the infirmary I spotted my sword and shield in the corner by my bed. I picked them up and put them on my back in their sheaths.

I walked out of the infirmary to be greeted by the morning sun. My best guess was that it was about seven or eight AM. I turned and saw Athena laying down under a tree. Her head picked happily when she saw.

"It's good to see that you're up and moving. Not to mention clean."

"It's good to see you to Athena," I said laughing.

"How is your leg?"

"It's partially healed. Because of the stuff they gave me." I said shrugging.

"They didn't give you anything that would heal your wounds that fast."

"Really? That's weird."

A lot of this was very weird. First, the fire jazz hands now this. If they didn't give me anything then how has it healed so fast? Not that I was complaining.

"Larisa!" , Alex shouted from behind me. 

I turned to face him. His dragon, Blue, was following right behind him.

"What are you doing up. You shouldn't be walking around."

"My leg is fine."

"What?"

I showed him my leg. His face showed the same confusion I was feeling.

"How?"

"I have no idea."

He signed in defeat. He then looked at Athena and smiled.

"It seems Athena has grown up. If I'm right she will be able to fly with you now."

"Yeah, she is. Isn't she" I said evil plans forming in my head.

"What are you thinking."

"Ohh It's nothing. Nothing at all."

"You scare me sometimes. You know that?"

"Good"

I smirked at him as I walked up to Athena. She laughed lowly in my head at Alex's words.

"They shouldn't fear us, but respect us. No one in this camp comes close to our power with an expectation being Ty."

I smiled at her. Man, I love this dragon. 

"Oh right I almost forget,  the reason I came here is to tell you that Ty got back a few hours ago with the new dragon rider."

"Well, that is good the more dragon riders that are here the better right."

"Yeah, I think so too. I guess I will see you and the new guy at training later. Don't be late, okay."

" I won't, I will see you there."

Alex and Blue then turned around and walked off. Blue nipping at his rider's heels. I sat down against Athena and put my hand on the back of my head. Athena was warm. Her scales were soft but strong the perfect match. We both sat there enjoying our time to relax. 

But of course, it didn't last long. A loud roar filled the air ripped me from my peace. I recognize it as Raikou. It was fierce and was full of rage.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"They're hunting."

"Hunting?"

"When Ty heard that you were attacked he ran to the infirmary to see if you were alright. You were still asleep at the time, but he stayed at your side until the nurses force him out. After that, he and Raikou went out to make sure there more creatures out there."

"He did that for me?"

"Yes, but I must say it was funny watching the nurses drag him out by his ear."

We laughed. I wish I could have seen that, but the thought of Ty going out to fight for me gave me chills, but it also gave me a warm and happy feeling. Could he like me? I blushed a little at the thought. Then I quickly dismissed it. He could have anyone he wanted here or anywhere. Why would he want me? I was just some stupid rich girl.

I signed and looked at the sky. I spotted Raikou. The golden dragon was carrying something in his claws. As he neared the ground he dropped it on the ground and I saw what it was. 

A Oneirdectus. 

This one was smaller than the one I had fought. It was about the size of a large horse. Ty hopped off of Raikou's back onto the ground. His rage was written all over his face as he looked at the dead Oneirdectus. His eye fell on me and all of the anger in his face disappeared.

I waved casually at him.

He sprinted over to me. 

"Sup," I said to him not moving from my spot on the ground.

He smiled down at me before talking.

"You should be resting in bed. Your leg needs time to heal", He scolded.

"Well, my leg is just fine."

"What?" Ty questioned. He bent down and looked at my leg. He gingerly touched my leg where the wound should have been.

He was confused at first as he stared at my leg. Then a smile formed on his lips as he looked up at me. He looked more amused than happy.

"What?," I asked.

"Of course you would be one."

"Be what?"

"You're an elemental rider." He said smiling at me.