-Chapter 7-

Hehe, I'm back! I know, I'm so mean... here's a chapter dedicated to Bempest's first date! Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why is it so difficult to choose an outfit?

I glare at the slew of outfits on my bed in front of me, trying to determine which would be good for my date with Butch in an hour.

Our first date...I'm still finding it difficult to wrap my head around that.

After he said I was his soulmate, I caved into my feelings, and we just sat on the porch swing for a while...talking and cuddling against each other. Him running his hand through my hair while I traced the intricate designs inked onto his arm, a truly sweet experience.

He had asked if he could take me on a date on Saturday, which is today, and I said yes. The smile on his face was bright enough to light a city, and he kissed me on the forehead before he had to leave, giving me his number before he did.

Groaning in frustration, I push my hands through my hair. He wouldn't tell me what we were doing or where we were going for our date, saying it was a surprise. So I have no idea.

Classy? Elegant? Rocker chic? Comfy casual? Since when is it so difficult for me to throw on clothes? Is it because I want to impress him?

Damn it...yes it is.

Closing my eyes, I count to ten and look at the clothes again. And it hits me, wear what I'm comfortable in. Pretend I'm going out on the town on a Saturday night alone like usual, and dress in what makes me feel damn good.

Smiling, I grab a pair of black leather pants with lace up sides, a dark purple, long sleeved top that shows off my shoulders, and my favorite pair of black, strappy heels. Putting the rest of the rejects back in there places.

After putting on the outfit, I pull my hair back in a French braid. Making sure not a single strand is loose, I turn to my jewelry. Replacing the dull studs for black pearl ones, I then put on the dragon ear cuffs that pierce at the bottom. I also fasten my howlite necklace I charmed against stress around my neck, and put the full finger ring my grandmother gave me on my middle finger, next to the other ring I'm already wearing. The gold vine curls delicately up to my knuckle, and grin to myself when I recall the charm my grandmother said she put on it.

As far as makeup goes, I just put on some burgundy lipstick, putting the tube in my only purse along with my wallet, phone and keys...and a pair of converses and socks in case where we're going isn't heel friendly. Not to forget my pocketknife, I have to be prepared.

Looking in the mirror, I grin. As conceited as it sounds...I look damn fine.

The doorbell rings, and I check the clock to see he's here on time. 2 o'clock on the dot, man he's punctual...I like it. Grabbing my purse, I head to the door and open it...and just stare.

Butch stands at my door, wearing a pair of dark was blue jeans and a black long sleeve shirt with the sleeves pushed up to his elbows exposing his tattooed forearms, the material tight around his biceps. A long, metal chain hangs from his neck, the oval pendent has a capital A engraved into it.

The only way to describe his appearance is...sexy.

I raise my my eyes up his chest to his face, expecting that smug smile to be present. Instead, his expression is almost star struck. Looking me over just as I was doing to him just a second ago, his eyes dark as he trails them over my body. I brush off my instinct to shy away from his gaze and lean against the doorframe, my arm raised over my head.