102- A New Job Opportunity

"You ready Gin?" Venus handed Ginny a large bouquet of flowers, as Mali straightened Ginny's veil.

"I think I'm about as ready as I'm going to be, so someone get me down that isle now before I throw up." Ginny said.

Venus laughed and stuck her head into the tent in the garden of the Burrow. She gestured to her mother, indicating that they were ready. Slowly the chat died down.

Venus, Hermione and Mali made their way down the isle first and took seats in the front row beside the groomsmen. Then, Arthur and Ginny made their way towards the front (at a very fast pace).

Ginny looked absolutely beautiful in her wedding dress. She had been complaining about how uncomfortable the dress was all morning, but she looked stunning in it, so her complains fell on deaf ears. Her hair contrasted beautifully with the pure white dress, making her look even more strikingly beautiful than usual.

The wedding was much like Bill and Fleur's and Hermione and Ron's. Once the ceremony was over the seats were banished and music began to play for the couple to dance their first dance.

"They look so happy," Venus smiled, not taking her eyes off of the dancing couple.

"Yeah," Neville was also grinning. He offered Venus his arm. "How about a dance?"

"Sure, sorry if I step on you!" She dragged him out onto the dance floor.

********

"What's that Neville?" Venus peered over his shoulder as he opened a letter that had arrived at the couple's small cottage that morning.

"It's a letter from McGonagall," Neville was reading it intently.

"Saying..." Venus took a seat beside him and Neville eventually looked up.

"She wants us to work at Hogwarts," said Neville.

"What?" Venus frowned.

"You heard me, she wants us to interview for the posts of Herbology Professor and Transfiguration Professor."

Venus cast her mind back to her careers advice session back in her fifth year at Hogwarts. "She asked me if I'd ever thought about teaching when I was in fifth year."

"And have you?" Neville asked.

Venus shrugged, "I never really thought about doing anything, I take life as it goes."

"Understatement," laughed Neville, "but anyway, I was thinking about leaving the Auror office anyway."

"Don't you like it?"

Neville shrugged, "I'm just not happy there."

"Well I guess it's up to you," shrugged Venus.

"So are you going to interview?" Neville asked.

"Why not?" Venus gave in, "I mean Remus and my dad already work there, why not us too?" Sirius had taken the job of Charms professor the previous year after Professor Flitwick retired.

********

McGonagall smiled as Venus sat down in the chair opposite her for her interview.

"So Miss Black-Weasley, why do you think you would be good at this job?" McGonagall asked, trying her best to keep a straight face.

"Well, uh-" Venus searched for a legitimate reason, "I once transfigured a Death Eater into a pig, I got an O in both my OWL and NEWT Transfiguration, I really like the subject..." She trailed off, searching for any other reason.

McGonagall smiled at her again, "I think that will be all Miss Black-Weasley."

"But you hardly asked me anything," Venus gawped at the headmistress.

"I don't need to," McGonagall pursed her lips, "I know that you will make a wonderful Professor, and a great addition to the teaching staff at this school."

"So I got the job?" Venus asked.

"Yes Miss Black-Weasley, you got the job."

********

Venus sat between Neville and Sirius at the opening feast that year. It was very strange to be sitting at the teacher's table rather than looking up from the Gryffindor table.

"We have two new members of staff this year," McGonagall told the silent hall, "Firstly, Professor Longbottom will be taking up to post of Herbology teacher after Professor Sprout's decision to travel to Africa and investigate a rare species of plant. Secondly we welcome Professor Black-Weasley to the post of Transfiguration teacher. I would like you all to wish them a warm welcome."

The hall irrupted into loud applause.

"Why are they clapping so loudly?" Venus murmured to Sirius, who just laughed and shook his head.

"Isn't it obvious, the two of you are Heros of the Second Wizarding War, they're bound to be impressed."

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx