Part 54: Fool me once

This chapter actually hurt me... so I'd like to apologise right now for what you're about to read.....

If you want to get into my head listen to:

'Alone' by Bazzi that's what I was listening to when I wrote this.

So I initially published this earlier but I had a heap of people complaining that it was too short so I edited it and added some more.

I know it's frustrating for you guys - it's frustrating for me too - but at the moment it's really difficult for me to get chapters out because I'm so busy. I figured a short chapter would be better than no chapter at all but I guess not.

Let me know in a vote cause it'll help me publish:

1. Shorter chapters every other day when I get the chance (which also means that there's more chapters to come)

Or

2. Longer chapters and wait a little longer (like longer than 4 days because the shorter chapters will be 4 days or less most likely like ususal) of maybe a week or more.

Please let me know cause it'll help me so much!

Thanks guys!

As I got onto my third reading and my fourth cup of coffee there was finally a knock on the door.

Weird, I thought. Mason must've forgotten his house keys.

"Hold up a sec!" I called out, as I pulled my hair into a ponytail. He knocked again, making my eyes roll of their own accord.

"Mason if you need to pee all you have to do is remember your key-" I opened the door to not find Mason but to find a girl. A tall, caramel coloured hair, high cheekboned, activewear wearing girl roughly my age staring at me with the same shocked expression I was wearing.

"You're not Mason," I said, stupidly.

"Neither are you." She replied, looking me up and down with a blank stare that made me feel self-conscious.

"What can I help you with? Mason's not here at the moment but he should be back soon." Don't feel threatened, don't feel threatened. She's probably just someone who works at the hospital

- or an ex one-night stand. Shut up!

"Mia?" Picking a great time to walk in, Mason appeared behind her still in his leather jacket and holding his bike helmet.

"Oh hey! Just who I was looking to see." She touched his arm but longed a little longer than she should've and I zeroed in on her.

They're probably just friends, no need to worry. Yeah, but Mason doesn't do friends. Well, he doesn't do girlfriends either. Oh my god I'm going insane.

"I wasn't expecting to see you." He said and I can't believe the idiot actually looked worried as he flitted his gaze from me to her.

Why the hell is he worried!? What does he have to be worried about!?

"Oh, well I was cleaning my flat and I found this," she reached into her bag and pulled out a pair of navyish black glasses, that since I had been the only one who had ever seen Mason in his glasses, instantly recognised.