{Chapter 10}

It had never occurred to you that you looked terrible. Living in the sewers for three years was terrible. You smelled horrible, your hair was greasier then a McDonald's order of fries, and your clothes were covered in unspeakable stains.

At least, that's what this lady thought. You had stopped to take a break at a house just outside of Derry. It was close to, say, five in the morning. So you figured no one was awake at this house. Your plan was to just rest on the steps of the front porch then get going again. Yeah, that went well.

"Dear, where were you before you got here?" the lady, Dorothy, asked. She was small and didn't seem very old. Her kind and friendly appearance freaked you out at first. "I was...walking down the road." you said bluntly and squirmed as you sat on a pile of books. You refused to sit on one of her chairs, since they looked very expensive and clean.

Dorothy lowered her glasses and gave you a 'Really?' look. You squirmed even more. "You can't take a shower until you tell me." she responded and crossed her arms. What were you supposed to say.

Oh hey, I was just living in the sewers with three evil clown demons! Nothing unusual going on here!

You stared at her then sighed. "Alright. So I got lost in the woods by Derry. Then I fell in a bunch of mud puddles and then into the river. Then, I lost my shoes. And then I got out, and came here." you explained in a rushed tone. This better work.

"Oh dear. Do you have any injuries? Did you get cut? How long were you there?" Dorothy asked and got up. She grabbed your arm and started to examine you. "No, Dorothy. I am not hurt. Just hungry and need a shower." you said and sighed quietly.

Dorothy nodded and led you to her bathroom, helping you with the shower and getting you towels and clean pajamas. 

The warm water felt amazing, and you didn't want to leave it. But after you washed your hair and scrubbed yourself clean, you had to leave. Yous stepped out of the shower and onto a warm, fluffy rug. Huh...it was bright purple and pink.

You dried yourself off and got dressed before stepping into the hallway. Something smelled really good, and you started to look for the kitchen. You stopped when you saw a large table had been set up in the living room. Waffles, pancakes, muffins, and a lot of other foods were prepared and put there just for you.

You smiled happily as Dorothy entered the room with a plate of toast and a cup of coffee. "Here ya go, (Y/N). Eat as much as you'd like." she said cheerfully and sat down in her chair. You sat down as well and started serving yourself. It'd been so long since you'd had real food.

Carnival food doesn't count.

You started to stuff yourself, like you'd never eat again. It tasted amazing. Like heaven in your mouth. Dorothy smiled then started to read a newspaper.

After you finished, you yawned and stretched. "Hey uh...do you have an extra room, ma'am?" you asked and glanced at Dorothy. "Of course. You must be exhausted!" she said and got up, putting her newspaper on her chair. She lead you down the hall and opened a door.

The room looked a lot like your old room you had, before you ever moved to Derry, Maine. You smiled and walked in, glancing at the door. Dorothy was already gone. You flopped down on the bed and yawned before drifting off to sleep.

"Sleep well, (Y/N)~"