6. Better Luck Next Time

Pizza is always a good idea.

Even a cold pizza from the night before is a good idea.

With pizza on my mind, I don't even have the time to pee; with my eyes half closed, I make my way to the kitchen, Jungkook following me, and I attack the little that was left after Hobi and I decided to have a night off from cooking and just order something.

Despite being half asleep, I am awake enough to notice Hobi pacing in front of the hallway mirror, checking himself out and even... yeah, he fixed his hair.

"Morning Hobi," I watch in confusion as he jumps up in surprise, forcing a smile.

"Morning," he tells me as he quickly checks himself out once more before joining me in the kitchen. I watch him as he makes coffee with shaky hands, noticing a confused look on Jungkook's face; I just shrug. I don't get it either.

"What's up with you this morning?" I question him.

"Nothing, just a normal morning," he shrugs as he buries his nose into his coffee mug.

"Hoseok, I've known you for years. You couldn't act to save your life, so spill it," I tell him. For a few seconds, he keeps his act up. I can tell the moment he gives up, sighing as he leans back on the counter.

"Hyeri might or might not be part of my study group," he mumbles.

"Might or might not?"

"Oh, shut up," he snaps, as it try to hold back my laughter. "You know she makes me nervous."

"Yeah, because you've liked her for years and only ever bothered to mumble a hello," I roll my eyes. "It's time for you to man up and have a proper conversation with her. Or do you plan on ignoring her?"

"Come on, give the guy a break," Jungkook tells me. "He got a hard on the other day while watching a cooking show, cut him some slack."

I almost choke on my bite of pizza. "What's wrong?" Hobi looks at me with worry.

"Nothing," I shake my head as I try to hold back my laughter. It doesn't work; I can hear Jungkook cackling and even if I'm not looking at him, I can't help but laugh too. Poor Hobi, he must really struggle with being single at this point. "Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing, I just remembered a joke I heard a while ago."

"You're acting weird, JJ," Hobi frowns.

"I literally just laughed," I play it off, hoping he won't have the need to try and dig deeper.

"For real, you've been acting weird for a while now, ever since we moved," he gives me a suspicious look. "Does this have something to do with Namjoon not being around anymore?"

"No, not really."

It has something to do with the fact that our third roommate is a ghost.

"Are you sure that everything is okay?" he asks me.

Leave it to Hobi to worry about me and my stupidity. I wish I could tell him, I really do. That would make my life at least 20 times easier. Not only would I not be the only one in this mess but I also wouldn't have to watch my every step when it comes to Jungkook.

It's so difficult to not react to him in any way, especially when he has a habit of walking through the walls and offering comments 24/7.

It also doesn't help that those comments are often very funny, as much as I hate to admit.