Episode 11: A Switch

Strange

   Creep and I went to the commons when Pit and Crow left. Stupid Crow. I managed to kick a rock into an empty can. "You think they'll be okay?" Creep said quietly.

   I glared at the can picturing Crow's head instead and the rock hitting him. "Pit will be fine. Don't worry." I said and through my arm around his shoulders.

   Creep gave me a funny look. "I'm sorry about Howl." I shook my head letting him go.

   "Its not a big deal. We didn't know each other all that long. Besides, like he said, it was decided for him. He had no choice." I realize I'm being irrational about this but I can't help it. I did like him, and only just finding out about this now, sucks. "What do we want to do about Oz?" I changed the subject but it is important.

   "I don't think we should do anything. We just need to keep our guards up." Creep said with a long sigh. "I'm gonna go to my dorm. Be safe okay?" He squeezed one of my hands and I smiled nodding.

   When I got to my own dorm I was thankful it was empty. Collapsing on the pillows. Right in the middle of falling, I struggled to breath. My throat was burning, like it was filling with water to the point of drowning. My vision changed the scenery, instead of in the dorm room on my bed, I was under water surrounded by black strands. Hands were grabbing at me pulling me deeper. There was a light above me and right before everything goes black I shout out with my last breath. "Look up!"

   When everything goes black I gasp sitting up in my own bed. I'm covered in cold sweat but that's not important right now. On wobbly legs I run out my door and across the yard to the boys dorm. Finally finding Creep's door I start pounding. "Creep! Creep, open up! Its about Pit!"

    The door swung open, "What happened?" Creep asked worried. His friends were looking at us funny. So I pulled him to the hallway.

    "I had a vision of him drowning. I think they went to Crones Eye. Its a tare in an old tree. But to get in you have to go through trials. I think Pit is in one of them. But I'm not sure. I don't know what it means. He blacked out before I could see anything more." The more I explained the paler Creep became.

   "He's in the first trial. Lady Celeste. She can manipulate the sky through water. She tests your inner mind and your deepest thoughts. If she finds any deceit she'll kill you."

   I looked at him really long. There's no way he read that in a book, there's barely anything on the Crones Eye. "How do you know that?" I asked slowly, watching him carefully.

   Creep sighed pulling his glasses off. The top half of his face looked bird like, his eyes the brightest blue, his fathers white as snow. I thought his eyes were green. "I'm a warlock. I'm a winter warlock, well was, when a warlock goes to the Crones Eye and doesn't pass a trial they're stripped of their powers." I was shocked and about to yell at him because he was here and Pit wouldn't of had to go, but he stopped me. "I am the last one. I'm not the last one, he was my father. But I can't do winter magic anymore, because of this witches hex. So the best chance he has is those trials. I forgot about the restrictions that comes with warlocks. While we can control anything in our power we, can't influence other warlocks power. So say I could still do winter magic and a summer warlock did something to you I wouldn't be able to do anything about it except curse you further with something to counter that spell, hopping it wouldn't back fire." I was shocked. I couldn't believe any of this.