16: Summer Date

A MONTH FROM WHENCE Summer Break begun, Feng Mian had only been going from her mansion to Liu's corporation

A MONTH FROM WHENCE Summer Break begun, Feng Mian had only been going from her mansion to Liu's corporation. Even her tower of homework had to be done in Fei Long's office.

Her boss had become rather demanding of her time, discussing almost everything before signing folder after folder. Feng Mian's request for a vacation was even buried and brushed off every time it was mentioned.

"Mr Liu, can you leave my 17th to 23rd of this month?" Feng Mian requested, stopping from her work, her fingers hovered over her keyboard.

Noticing the sudden silence, Fei Long lifted his head, his eyeglasses on top of his nose's bridge. He was completely out of it, reading files after files on his desk. His electric blue eyes turned to Feng Mian and coldly said, "How's the Bluedrop Construction? Mr Barry's demands are always outrageous, while his management is no way better. Still, the construction must begin by the end of this month."

Feng Mian curled her hands into fists, seething with impatience and having the urge to lift up her desktop and smash it onto Fei Long's blockhead. But before she could immerse herself in her bloodlust, she heard her phone buzz and calmness overtook her at once.

On her phone, consecutive notifications of money transfers were sent all across her bank accounts. She then unconsciously said to Fei Long as her eyes and fingers busy fiddling with her phone, "Mr Barry accepted my terms and he should no longer bother us with anything else. After all, it's either his job or nothing."

"Good."

Then another occasion of reminding once again and Fei Long would say, "Have you thought of finding a scholarship program for your Sunshine Orphanage? You should see Polo Rico."

Feng Mian would then get to work in searching it up and booking for appointments, dismissing the thought of discussing her vacation further. At that time, she was grateful for the advise as she would be able to save up some money if the children can be encouraged to apply for scholarship. She didn't want any of them to end up like her who couldn't finish High School in her previous life.

It would be better if they can go even further.

In spite of that, Feng Mian was at a point when she would grab anything pointy and stab it into Fei Long's neck, but she wouldn't want to live being chased by cops for all her life. She knew she wouldn't be able to simply quit either, and half of that was due to her greed in collecting more contacts. And another half of it was Fei Long's trust in her abilities and he just wouldn't let her go. She knew too much and have contributed far too many in Liu Corporation.