Chapter 23

The news spread like a bombshell.

Ethan left to work early in the morning before I even got the chance to meet him, so we couldn't talk about how people took the news.

All I knew was the million likes and comments the post got on instagram, and how our pictures were displayed on almost every website.

Without my consent or knowledge, Ethan also upload a picture of me in high school which showed my tattoo along with the one taken yesterday. The news that we've been supposedly dating for seven years now was given a proof.

I also received thousands of messages from our friends, especially from Jen who almost had a fit knowing about our little stunt last night.

I have ignored Jess' calls for a long time but I had to talk to her at one point. She sounded mad but she was also pleased with the outcome. I'm not sure about all but a lot of people bow believe that our love is real. I think the fact that I've have the tattoo for seven years now proofs that we were together all the while.

But I couldn't answer my own question about what that tattoo was doing on my back for so long after we broke up. That is one of the things I can't answer myself.

Following the response that we got from the media, Jess suggested one of her very crappy ideas. Since I didn't have to cover my back now, she suggested I proudly wear a backless dress with my hair tied up in a chignon.

That's what I did.

I sat in my car in the back seat whilst wearing the backless white dress, tapping my foot against the seat before me.

"I think we should get going now, ma'am." The driver suggested.

I heaved a sigh of frustration and clamped my eyes close. This was the day that is supposedly very important and special to me.

Today is the movie premiere. And it was totally not what I expected it to be.

Since I have a husband now, I'm expected to make an appearance with Ethan. But I haven't spoken to him all day.

I left millions of messages and calls but I got no reply from him. I called his office but they kept dodging my from having a valid reason for his absence.

It was getting on my nerves. I'm expected to be there in the next ten minutes. And I don't know what to do.
Tears almost formed Inn my eyes when I realised how helpless I was. Why was this happening to me? I thought Ethan was a little more mature and cared about me.

I called Jess.

"Where the hell are you?" She asked in hurry.

"You should ask that to my husband." I replied.

"Dammit, he isn't there yet?"

"No." I said. "And he still didn't call me back."

"Let him go to hell." Jess said. "This is important, Skylar. You can leave him and come here."

"That would only just raise more speculations." I said. "People think we're in love. Husband makes time for his wife if he's in love with her."

"Don't care about what people think." Jess said. "This is an important night for you, Skylar. Don't ruin it for him. I'll cover up for you."

"You can't cover up, Jess. That's not easy."

"Then what are you planning to do?"

"I'll skip it. At least then we can say I was sick and Ethan couldn't show up because he was taking care of me."

"Don't be stupid, Skylar. You can't miss out on your premiere."

"I can. I don't have a choice." I said, sighing.