Epilogue

Many months had passed by. Time spent adjusting to adult life. It was mid afternoon when Kenny tiredly filled the shelves at work. He'd been working an eleven hour shift, and was desperate for another break. At least he wasn't alone. Both he and Cartman worked together now, which wasn't as insufferable as you may think. Having the brute around, had actually brought the two of them closer together after high school. Before, Kenny only tolerated Cartman because he had to, but now, it wasn't so bad. Leaving high school had matured Cartman, more than any point in his life had. Sure, he was still a bit of a jerk at times, but that was just apart of his personality.

With an exhausted yawn, Kenny headed into the warehouse to collect more of the products they had in stock, which also needed to be brought out. Seeing how much work he still had left to do, made him feel like banging his head against the nearest wall in anguish. Escape wasn't so easy, though. Their supervisor, Leon, soon came strolling into the same room as Kenny, clip board in hand as he scowled sideways at his coworker.

"Finish up with those soon, McCormick. You still need to unload the crates."

"Working on it." Kenny mumbled, before turning his back to Leon. Behind him, he could hear the impatient tapping of a pen against a clip board, until moments later, a set of footsteps headed out of the room. A near silence ran throughout the area, with the only sound being that of the machines across the room. It was cold inside the factory, which made Kenny only hate this place even more.

Around half an hour later, Cartman emerged from seemingly nowhere, with a crate filled with more items. When he walked over to where Kenny was working, a deflated sigh fell past his plump lips in defeat. Turning to face him, Kenny smirked once he saw how the struggle of a days hard work was taking a toll on Cartman. He'd only been working here for a few weeks, however, he'd lasted longer than anyone had expected him to. Still, Kenny didn't see how Cartman could have the audacity to complain. He was doing part time, considering he attended college nearby, whereas Kenny worked full time, whilst doing the occasional job for Jimbo.

"I feel dead inside." Cartman said as he began stacking the shelves, along side Kenny. "My hands are sore, and my back is killing me."

"Tell me about it." Kenny idly replied. "My feet haven't felt right in months."

"How does Simon get away with doing nothing all day? He just sits on his ass, playing on his phone all day."

"He's been here longer than both of us."

"Whatever." Cartman grumbled. "I've been eating his sandwiches for the past week."

"That's you?" Kenny scowled sideways. "He's been blaming me."

"Yeah, I know. That may be my fault."

"You told him it was me. Didn't you?"

Innocently shrugging his shoulders, Cartman finished up with the lower shelf, and moved on to the next. Since high school ended, neither of them had heard much from Stan or Kyle. Though it bothered Kenny, for Cartman, he didn't all that mind. They'd only ever annoyed him, and now, he had no time for them. These days, Cartman had other priorities. The most important being his unhealthy relationship with Heidi.

Moments had passed with neither of them speaking. Just a time being filled with working themselves into boredom, until Cartman stopped and scratched his forehead in thought. "Hey, Kenny?"