The Carnival

"Ok so do you want cheese pizza or pasta with tomato sauce?" Sophie asked him as they looked at the menu.

Keefe touched the menu like it was supposed to do something, but then he said, "I'll get whatever you're getting!" Keefe said like he was proud of himself.

Sophie rolled her eyes and said, "So you want something with meat on it?"

Keefe's face turned green as he shook his head. "Nope! Anything but meat!"

Sophie smiled. "So I'll get you a cheese pizza,"

Keefe looked satisfied as the waitress took their order. After the waitress had walked away, Keefe sucked down his Apple Juice, commenting that it was one of the greatest things he'd even drank before.

Sophie laughed as she took a sip of her Sprite. It'd been forever since she'd had a human drink, and she loved it!

After ten minutes of waiting, the waitress came back with their food, and both Sophie and Keefe were satisfied with what they'd gotten.

After they'd eaten, Sophie remembered that she didn't have any money, but thankfully the waitress had thought they were a "cute couple" and let them get the meal for free.

Sophie thanked her before she and Keefe left and started to walk around the town. Sophie marveled at all the sights and told Keefe about each of them.

But out of all the cool things they saw, Keefe was only interested in one.

"What's that?" He asked pointing to a banner that read:

CARNIVAL

5:00 pm-9:00 pm

"It's a poster, Keefe." She answered, walking right past it.

Keefe looked at her and excitingly said, "Can we go?"

Sophie rolled her eye's and shook her head. "No, we have to get back to the Lost Cites!"

Keefe considered that for 1, 2, 3 seconds before he said with a cocky smile,"But..... if we go there will be a hold on going home. You don't want to be embarrassed do you?"

Sophie's face turned red, aggravated that he had a point.

"Fine," She said with a sigh. "And then we have to go home."

"Deal!" Keefe said before Sophie grabbed his hand and led him to the repetitive signs that said: CARNIVAL!

* * *

Sophie and Keefe had been walking around for what felt like hours. They'd gotten on a few kiddy rides, and now they were headed to the Roller Coaster.

"Foster! Can we get that stuff covered in what looks like sugar?" Keefe asked as they passed by a Funnel Cake food cart.

"No Keefe," Sophie said with a sigh. "That is funnel cake, and you said you wanted to ride the roller coaster!"

Keefe pouted, but was still happy when they'd reached the ride.

They got in the seats, gotten secured, and then the ride started.

Sophie looked up at the incline ahead of them. She usually wasn't afraid of rides but as they got closer to the top, she could feel her hands get sweaty.

They started the ride and Sophie looked down. It was so high up!

"Keefe," She said nervously. "This might not be a good idea..."

Keefe smiled as he grabbed her hand. "Hey, it will be okay."

Sophie nodded, gripping his hand tighter before they plummeted down.

Sophie screamed and Keefe laughed. The ride felt like it was never going to end, and Sophie was terrified the entire time.

After what felt like forever, the ride was finally over Sophie walked as quickly as she could to a bench so that her head would spot spinning.

"I'm never doing that again," She panted as Keefe sat down next to her.

"Never say never Foster," Keefe said, taking her hand and twining their fingers together. "Besides, I'm sure we'll do even scarier things in the future."

"Yeah, you're right," She told him before she perked up. "Hey, why don't we find some more stuff to do?"

Keefe laughed, "You're the boss,"