106- Nysa and Nova

Daily Prophet Gossip Column By Rita Skeeta

There are celebrities, and then there are celebrities.Venus Black-Weasley and Neville Longbottom have been household names for almost seven years now, since they played major roles in the Second Wizarding War.

But now seven years on, there is still no ring on Miss Black-Weasley's finger, causing many to question why the two haven't yet tied the knot.

Are these two well loved Hogwarts Professors hiding something behind their supposedly happy relationship? Or do they both just have commitment issues.

Well I am here with the answers. Yesterday, the couple were seen in Diagon Alley with their daughter Halley, now four, when Miss Black-Weasley finally seems to have snapped.

A well known advocate for Werewolf rights and a much loved Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizary, Miss Black-Weasley is widely renouned as a very accomplished witch.

However, the shoppers in Diagon Alley witnessed quite a different side to her, when she and Neville broke into a loud argument right in the middle of the street.

With their daughter watching, Miss Black-Weasley physically assaulted Mr Longbottom, by slapping him viciously around the face. So I ask the wizarding world, is this really whom we choose to entrust our children to?

"Oh honestly," Ginny laughed as she finished reading the article that Venus had shoved under her nose. "Does that woman have nothing else to write about?"

"No." Mali said as she munched on a bag of crisps. "We are obviously the most interesting thing in the entire wizarding world."

"Stop being dramatic Mali," Venus laughed.

"But what were you and Neville fighting about anyway?" Mali asked.

"Nothing really," Venus shrugged, "I wanted to buy Halley a kids broom, Neville didn't."

"So you didn't slap him?" Ginny asked.

"Of course I didn't," said Venus.

"And the fact that you haven't married Neville isn't hiding any dark secrets?" Mali laughed.

"No, we just haven't gotten around to it," Venus shrugged.

********

"Neville?" Venus lay in bed one night staring at the ceiling.

"Yeah."

"I'm pregnant again." Venus had found out the previous day, when she went to the matron for a check up.

"What?" Neville sat down on the bed, grinning widely, "that's great."

"Really?" Venus sat up.

"Of course it is." Neville grabbed her hand. "Why wouldn't it be?"

"Oh, I don't know, Rita Skeeter seemed to think that the fact that we're not married means we're hiding some secret." Venus laughed and wiggled her fingers.

"Does it bother you?" Neville asked, "I mean, that we're not married."

"Not really." Venus shrugged, "but everyone seems to think that it should bother me."

"Well I always thought that we would get married," said Neville, "but it just never seemed like the right time."

"That's what I told Ginny!" Venus said.

"We might as well make it official." Neville clambered off of the bed, and knelt down on one knee. He opened a draw underneath their bed and pulled out a small box.

He opened the box, to reveal a ring, with a single diamond set in the middle.

"Venus Black-Weasley, will you marry me at some point?"

"Yes, of course I will marry you at some point!" Venus laughed and pulled him into a kiss.

********

In September of that year the Longbottom twins were born, first came Nysa Frank  and mere minutes later Nova Marlene followed him. Once again, Neville and Venus named their children after space objects, along with the names of Neville's father and Venus's birth mother.

"Halley," Neville told his daughter as he lead her into his and Venus's bedroom, where Venus was waiting with Nysa and Nova, "this is your new brother and sister."

Halley climbed up on the bed and peered at the two bundles of blankets in her mother's arms.

"Why does Nova look like a prune?" Halley demanded.

"You used to look like a prune." Venus told Halley.

"Ew!" Halley scrunched up her nose, "I hate prunes!"

Sorry that I left you hanging for a while! I've had a manic week of exams. But the good news is that I finish on the 15th, so this time next week I'll be done!
What do you think of the Longbottom twins?
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx