peter parker - bus rides

a.n, fluff fluff fluff. this was highkey inspired by this picture - not a request -

monday
Peter stepped onto the crowed bus, clinging to the silver pole to his right. He looks down to his phone, checked the time- answered Aunt May's text- skipped a song. The bus stops again, a girl steps on and stands on the other side of the pole. Her left hand finds the metal and she wraps her fingers around it. Peter looks up- just for a second- and he catches your eye. You smile at him- and he smiles back.

thursday
The (h/c) girl finds her way onto the bus again, finding the same spot from before. Peter looks at her (e/c) eyes again, and finds a smile on his lips. He feels undeniably creepy right now, but you grin back. The folder you're carrying is incredibly irritating, and you find yourself struggling between the pole and your work.
"Mother fu-"
You hear a small chuckle from beside you, catching the brunette in the corner of your eye.

next monday
Same pole, same boy. Peter would be lying if he said he wasn't looking forward to seeing you. There was something so compelling about you to the boy- maybe it was your hair, your eyes, your smile? possibly how soft your hands-
Peter's eyes widened, your fingers delicately placed on his. He starts to panic, heat rising in his face. You chuckle a little, clinging to your work in one hand, and his fingers with the other.
Much to his- and your- dismay, Peter turns to leave. Instantly missing the small amount of warmth, he places his fingers to his lips. Looking back slightly to see you grinning at your feet.

wednesday
It's a lot quieter today, Peter's found a seat- and even placed his backpack on the one next to him. You get on the bus- regular time- and see the same boy. Smiling widely, you walk towards him as he brings his backpack to his feet.
"You saved me a seat?"
Peter freezes, all this time and he still hadn't prepared himself for a conversation.
"Uh- ye- yeah. I, uh, have," He weakly smiles at you. Smiling, you sit, placing your bag next to his and your folder on your lap. Peter looks at you, a million thoughts rushing through his head. Should he ask your name? Hold your hand? Get your number?
"I- I'm, Pe- Peter by the, uh, way,"
His cheeks a deepest scarlet, you hold back a shit-eating grin.
"(y/n)"
"That's a beautiful name," Peter mentally high-fives himself, congratulating the fact he didn't stutter- not once.
"Aww, thank you," Pink dusting your cheeks and the tips of your ears. You can feel how hot your face is getting, taking your hands and placing them on your cheeks in a hopes to shield the red. Meanwhile, Peter can't take his eyes off you. This has to be cutest thing he's ever seen. Puppies? Nope. Flowers? Don't come close. Stars? Duller than grey.
The bus stops abruptly, indicating Peter's stop. He feels as if his feet are cemented to the floor- he can't leave now- not when you're sat next to him. Looking like this.
"You need to go," nudging him slightly in the rib.
"R- right. Uhh- yeah. I gotta-" he points his thumb to the open door.
"...go"
"I'll see you tomorrow,"
"Hopefully," Peter whispers, just loud enough for you to catch.

thursday
"Hi Peter,"
His brown eyes instantly find your (e/c) ones. He takes an earbud out and replies;
"Hiya (y/n)"
"How was your day yesterday?"
Peter's shocked, and he doesn't know why. You're speaking to him, or at least trying to, and even after yesterday he doesn't understand why.
"It was, uhh, fine,"
"That good huh?" He chuckles a little, glancing down at the floor. Peter finding it difficult to look you in the eyes- he finds himself thinking about them too often. Afraid he's getting creepy- over stepping some sort of boundary between bus friends.
"Yeah- just, that good.." he trails off, not meeting your eyes. You shift from one foot to another, awaiting a conversation, hoping that the boy in front of you would find some sort of courage to ask you out- or at least get a number.

friday
"Bye Peter, have a good weekend,"
"You too, (y/n)" swallowing thickly, the boy gets off the bus and heads for his school. He opens the large black gate and strides across the playing field, making his way to his locker as quick as possible.
"Peter!"
"Ned!"
Ned smirks at Peter almost immediately, warranting Peter's confusion.
"Why are you looking at me like that?" He questions, pulling his chemistry books out of the red locker.
"Because you spoke to the bus girl again. Y'know," he nudges the superhero,
"The one you like"
Peter huffs, walking with Ned down the corridor.
"That absurd, I don't like her. I've only had, like, two conversations with her!"
"As if that's stopped you- all you talked about yesterday was how she asked about your day! You totally fantasise about her. You have this look in your eye when you just stare off into the distance"
"I do NOT," Peter attempts to defend himself, taking a sharp corner.
"Yes you DO," Ned corrects, opening the door to their tutor.
The boys fall silent as they walk to the back row of the room. They both sit down, Ned picking up exactly where they left off.
"I just think you should ask her out,"
"No,"
"Why's that?"
"Because she'll just reject me,"
Ned stops in his tracks, if he could roll his eyes into his skull- then he would.
"You l i t e r a l l y said that she placed. her hand. on top. of yours. What do you mean she'll reject you?"
"Can we just drop this already,"
Ned huffs, falling back in his chair, arms crossed.
"All I'm saying is that asking her out next monday is at least worth a shot,"

next monday
Peter's feet shuffled slightly as the bus pulled up to your stop. He'd been rehearsing what he's going to say into the mirror, as well as getting help from Karen. You place your hand a little below his, your index finger ever so slightly brushing his pinky. Butterflies instantly flood Peter's stomach- he feels as if he could throw up right then and there.
"Good weekend?" you cheerfully ask, his eyes reluctantly meeting yours.
He swallows;
"Uhh, yeah. There's- there's actually something I'd like to- uhh, ask you,"
"Oh? and what's that?"
Peter's chest tightens, the warm sparks in his tummy feeling like fireworks. You try to read his face- looking for any indication as to what he wants to tell you. His brown eyes shift, trying to avoid your piercing (e/c) ones.
"Would you..?"
You instantly smile,
"..yeah?"
"like- uhh- like to.."
"..yes?"
"..go out? Some time? I don't know- what time- or, or where but.. Some where?"
You almost jump with joy,
"I'd love to, Peter,"
He lets out a deep breath, shakily taking his phone from his pocket.
"Then can I..?"
You take his phone and enter your number into it, giving your contact name a few heart emojis while you're at it. You hand it back to him, his face instantly glowing with delight.
"I'm free after school anytime this week, and this saturday. So take your pick,"
The bus stops, and the doors open with a whoosh of cold air.
"I'll take a pick, I'll- I'll text you,"
You giggle, "You do that, Peter,"
"Parker,"
He's already off the bus at this point, shouting a little;
"It's Peter Parker, and I'll see you tomorrow,"
You laugh back,
"See you then, Parker!"

a.n, maybe a part 2? who knows.