✿ The Flower Blooms at Midnight: Part 2 ✿

With a set of blankets from my and Wake's closets, we set up a large blanket-bed that stretched across most of the room. We sat around in a circle, each of us bundled in a different blanket. Because... most of the room was blankets now. Skylor... was not amused.

"You don't have anything bigger?"

"BP's wearing the biggest pajamas I've got!"

"Really? Could've fooled me."

Considering that Skylor didn't actually live in the Kunoichi's base with us, she didn't have any clothes here, including pajamas, which... like me, she had to borrow from Wake.

"But why... cactuses?"

"They're the only pajamas I have in orange," Wake shrugged, "Orange is your color, right?"

"I... guess?"

"Better than kittens and bunnies." I sighed, tugging at the two-sizes too small pajama shirt that squeezed my torso.

"Or pirates and anchors." Skylor sneered, waving a finger at the dark blue pajamas on Wake's body. "Wouldn't those have been Nya's thing?"

"Those do look a bit bigger than the ones I'm wearing. The water theme is unnecessary but... they'd probably be more comfort-"

"No way! These are my favorite pajamas! And if you don't like yours, I can just take them back and tell Free and Shade that Skylor's been lurking around BP's room, plotting escape plans while... naked."

My face burned at the implications of Wake's rumor.

Ack! Why would she..? That's so... unnecessary but she's so... childish... I-I can't..!

"Well, I'm gonna turn in for bed now." The red-head shrugged, stepping away from us.

"What? No way, Skylor! This is a sleepover, we don't sleep!"

"It's... literally in the name?" Skylor shrugged, rolling herself into a nearby blanket. "Besides, why would I want to do anything with someone who's plotting to spread baseless, unnecessary rumors?"

"Tch. Fiiine. I won't tell Morgan anything. Geez. Killjoy. Now get up!"

Wow. Skylor just beat Wake at her own bluffing game. I need to take notes for future reference...

"No thanks."

"BP, make her rise!"

"Uh..."

"You guys are friends, she'll listen to you. Please?" Wake's emerald-green eyes welled up with tears, and I'm sure this expression would leave her older sister wrapped around her fingers.

"Uh... Skylor-"

"Alright, Nya, you've forced my hand." Skylor replied, rolling over and rejoining our triangle on the floor.

What. Just. Happened.

"Wow, BP! You're the master of persuasion! You could probably even get Shade to cook for us! Alright... now what should we do first..?"

A whisper tapped at my ears while Wake pondered our first torture for the night. "I didn't want you to have to deal with her alone. Plus... who knows? This might actually be fun. I've never been to one of these things before."

"Thanks, Skylor."

I was worried that I wouldn't have anyone to go through this Kunoichi thing with since Kayde and I had such a bad introduction but... I've still got Skylor so things might not be so bad.

"What're you guys whispering about?"

"Nothing." We replied simultaneously.

"Hmph. I'm a Kunoichi." She growled, crossing her arms. "My eyes see everything, my ears hear everything."

I-It's not like we said anything too bad.

"But I kinda wasn't listening to my ears."

Agh!

"So you didn't hear anything, really." Skylor replied, a slightly uneasy chuckle punctuating her thought.

"I heard. Just wasn't listening. Anyway, I've decided!"

"Decided what.?"

"Our first event! Pillow war!"

"You mean a pillow... fight?" A pillow war sounds a bit... over the top. But then again, I wouldn't expect less from her.

"Yeah! That's what they do in movies but... I want... bigger, better, badder! Plus we've got tons of pillows and blankets so yeah!"

"Uh... can't we skip to truth or dare and get this thing over with?" I chimed. That'd probably be the best way to get information out of her.

"Hm... since you want to be a killjoy, BP, that's the last thing we'll do. So before that we'll do... pillow war! And... makeup war! And... geez. What other kinds of battles can we do? Oh! I remember one of the movies I watched about this had one girl who ran out of the sleepover crying because her friends tore her down with brutal, savage insults and then she ran out into the snowstorm and fell into the frozen lake!"

Wh-What movies do they let this girl watch?

"Um... I'd like no one to die tonight, if that's fine with you, Wake."

"Oh Skylor, Skylor, Skylor. So formal. Call me Viridian! We're not doing mission things so... we don't need to do code names and all that."

"Then, I guess I'm Nya again." I shrugged.

"Yep. And I guess no one has to die tonight. For now. I mean... pillow war will probably end in at least a couple casualties and... we take no prisoners in makeup war."

"That's true." Skylor replied, nodding quietly to herself.

I didn't know makeup war was so... wait-

"Skylor, you... have you played makeup war before?"

"Survived it." She corrected. "Yes. Why? Haven't you?"

"No? I thought it was just a Wake thing."

"Viridan!" The little Kunoichi corrected.

"Well, evil dad who wears lots of Anacondrai makeup." She shrugged. "It was one of our few bonding activities. That and hunting people down in the forest."

"Whoa? You used to play Queen of the Jungle too? That's so cool!"

"Well we called it Ruler of the Forest but yeah, it was really fun, now that I think back." Skylor chuckled. "Hunting down dad's henchmen as they ran through the forest, terrified."

Okay... I'm glad they're bonding but this is... getting a little... unnerving. If I have to get chased through a forest tonight, I'll be doing my best to flood this base.

"Yeah! Morgan and I used to play that with our friends when we were kids! Hahaha but she had an unfair advantage with her powers."

Skylor got around to asking my question before I could. "Didn't you have an unfair advantage too?"

"Of course not! I couldn't- eep! Heh, wow! You really are Kunoichi material, Sky!"

"Huh? I don't follow."

"You just almost interrogated me! And I didn't even know it! Hahaha, Morgan would've been sooo mad if I let that slip."

"Let... what slip?" I asked, finally stepping back into their conversation.

"Eh. You'll find out later, probably." She shrugged. "Now... it's time for pillow war!"

"Wonderful."

Oh boy...

*~*

A/N: Shorter chapter but... yeeeah. I promise the next chapter will be more eventful.