Cheshire Cats and Hats

Your POV:

Night fell by the time she actually let go of him. Of course I came to his rescue before he could ever hit the ground I dodge multiple tree branches on the way down to make a landing, but make it through with little scratches that didn't stay on my skin for very long, for the glitch away. I land on the rim of a giant flower. It was actually normal size, but we were still small. I set him down and return the wings to their metallic state around my neck. Ciel rubs his sore shoulders.

"Would it have been too much trouble for her to be more gentle?"

"Rabbit~ oh, mister rabbit," a familiar voice calls out from above. "Where are you, mister rabbit? Hehehehe."

A sharp tooth grin appears upside-down on a branch.

"I insist upon seeing all of you. I can't converse with half a creature."

Eyes covered by glasses appear, followed by a tail and the rest of the body.

"But I'm the creature of halves and in betweens. Male or female? Naughty or nice? No one really knows, and so I dwell here in the shadows."

"Gibberish. Show yourself," he demands.

"Something troubling you?" She drops down behind Ciel, but as he turned to see her, she disappears and reappears over his shoulder.

"Under certain circumstances, I might be willing to lend a hand."

"Dressing like a stripper again, I see."

She chuckles in response to my comment.

"I'm sure you'll be just as useless as everyone else I've met in this wretched place."

"Hey, I didn't have to save you from falling, you know?"

"Must you be so cruel?! I come to show you the way, and this is how you treat me!"

Ciel sweat drops at the Cheshire Cat's dramatic antics.

"You're here to help guide me, are you? Well then, which way do I go?"

The cat stops her whining, lifting her left leg in the air behind her, like in those romantic cliches where the woman gets kissed. A smile once again stretches across her face and she grips us by the hands. She drags us to a sign. To go left was the Mad Hatter; to go right was the March Hare.

"Well, which do I pick?"

"Well, I feel rather inclined to take both of them. Two at a time! I couldn't possibly narrow it down to just one. I mean ah!" She lets out moaning sounds as she wraps her body around the sign to embrace it. I found myself even face palming at that.

"Absolutely delicious. I just want to sink my teeth into them." She bites down on the Hatter's sign.

"I wasn't asking about your taste in men, you loon. I just want to know which one of these two paths I ought to take, alright?"

"Being loved is the easiest path, of course, yet I always chose to be the lover. I'm but a poor, lost kitten, such as my fate."