39.Home Coming

T H I R T Y - N I N E

J H O N N I

"Hey momas baby." I spoke to RJ softly. "You scared me, and I don't think you should ever do that again."

Breathing, he gripped my finger a little harder. A knock on the door came, interrupting our moment.

"Hey." Bambi said lowly, coming in looking as rough as I did. "Where my baby boy at?"

"Say hey TiTi." I cooed.

"Hey snoog'em." Taking him out my arms, he smiled. "Ohh look at that, it's your favorite person huh?" Bambi smiled.

"Where my Pooh bear?" I looked at her frowning.

"Uhh um I uhh gotta um tell you something."

"Wassup?" I had a slightly bad feeling. "What's wrong with Pooh?"

"Nothing." She put RJ in my arms.

"What's wrong? Stop acting weird."

Ace walked in with Ava in his arms. Smiling I was happy that they were safe.

"Hey brother." I said excited, waiting for my husband to walk through the door.

"Wassup." He didn't make contact, sitting in a chair next to the hospital bed.

"What's wrong? And where is my husband? Don't answer that, he probably in the gift shop. He better be for miss all of this, I didn't even get to cuss him out while giving birth. I was prepared."

Ace gave me a dry little chuckle. Looking at him funny, I knew something was up.

"Where's Ryan? And why are y'all acting weird?" I began to get agitated.

Neither one of them said anything.

"Where is my husband?"

Ace shook his head, letting a few tears go.

"No Ace! No no no no!" Repeated over, as tears began forming in my eyes. "This not funny."

"I-I tired to get him out the way-"

"Bullshit!!" My heart beat faster setting off the machines.

"Hey!" The nurses came in.

"Get out! Both of you!!" I held RJ in my arms as he began to cry.

"Y'all need to leave!" One of the nurses pointed towards the door. "Now!"

Without a word being said they both left. Taking RJ out of my arms, one the nurses checked my vails.

|Two Months Later|

"You gotta eat mama." Kayla came in with a plate of food.

"I'm not hungry Kay." I mumbled looking out the window. "You ever wanted to fly." I put my hand to the cool window do to the AC.

"Hell yea I'm tired of walking, than again my wings might get tired." She sat the plate down.

"You just lazy." I snickered.

"So." She chuckled, sitting on the bed across from me. Sitting in silence for a few seconds she finally broke it. "Can you feel it?"

"Feel what?" I looked over at her curiously.

"The difference this time, it's like he's really gone. Like you know that it's over."

"Yea, I guess." I mumbled. "I just wished he meet him." I looked down at sleep RJ.

"He probably smiling down, or looking up at y'all—cause the things my brother did you can't get into heaven-"

"Heeyy!" I laughed unwillingly.

"I'm just saying." Kayla shrugged, laughed with me. "But enough of him, imma need you to eat."

"I will." I assured her.

Giving me a 'Yea alright' face.

"I will." I try convincing her. "Can you promise me something?"

"If you promise to eat that food."

"If anything ever happen to me, Ryan will be okay with you, not mama, not Bambi and Ace, YOU." I emphasized.

"Yea." She looked worried. "Where is this coming fr-"

"Just promise Makayla!"

"I promise on my life I'll take care of him." She sounded sincere. Falling silence again, I guess she didn't know what to say. "Umm eat before it get cold."

She waited on me to eat, taking the plate off the night stand, I took a fork full of macaroni eating.

"Open." Opening my mouth I raised my tongue so she could see. "Okay." She got up, kissing my forehead. "I love you kid." She said before leaving.

Spitting the food that was in my throat out into the trash beside me. I groan drinking some water.

"I love you baby boy, mama can't do this on her own. I know this is self but I can't do it." I kissed Ryan's forehead.

Putting him in his bed, he breathed heavily, before moving around getting comfortable. Going back to the window I climbed out, climbing onto off the roof.

"Why Ryan? I told you!" I cried out. "You know I can't do this by myself, I need you, we need you baby." More tears came down my face. "I love you." I said before I jumped.