Chapter 56- what else could one expect from you

My wishes.

As seriously as I don't take them, Kate and Liam seem to take it more seriously. They have been helping me ever since I came here.

   It has been almost a whole week, without both my moms and three of my dads trying to take care of me. I wonder what Aurora told them that they haven't already sent out a searched party.

When she called couple of days back, she told me that they were all freaking out, especially three of my dads. Both my dads are going crazy but both my moms are handling just fine.

How lucky am I to have five parents who love me!

My biological parents, my adoptive parents, and then there's Chase and Aurora. When I wanted a parent I didn't have any and now after these many years, I do. My wish has been fulfilled.

My wish to visit the carnival and sit on the Ferris wheel has been fulfilled all because of Kate and Liam. My wish to visit the rippling forest for camping is almost completed too.

It's night and all of us are sitting, surrounding the bonfire in a circle. Kate and Liam hadn't left my side once in this whole trip. They are like my shadows, they follow me everywhere I go just to be sure that I'm okay.

Kate tricked them all to coming to carnival with us. She also invited Cayson, who invited that quacking duck because apparently they are a thing now.

  'They don't look good together at all,' my inner voice speaks and I nod in return. Of course they don't.

  Apparently he thought Liam and I were dating, which is the main reason he brought the quacking duck along with him.

   He just wants to see all the jealousy that arises in me when i see them together, but I'm careful to not show it. Instead, I show off how happily in love Liam and I are. If he can play that jealousy card then so can I.

Liam is just helping me with this situation because he knows that I don't want anyone to know, especially Cayson. Kate just keeps quiet about the fake relationship and goes along with it.

Many times Violet, Tyler and Chris indirectly taunted me, called me a liar, and a backstabber. Of course I can't blame them for anything, if I were to be in dark maybe that's how I must have reacted too.

"I swear to god, if they call you anything, I will do something which I might regret," an angry Kate whispers in my ear, breaking my trance.

"Kate, I don't take their taunts or insults seriously. After all, they are my friends. Nothing they say could ever hurt me," I whisper back to her.

"You don't?" She asks and I shake my head.

"No," I lie.

Actually, I do. I know I shouldn't but I do take their taunts seriously. I can feel all the hatred they feel for me right now. Of course I'm not okay with my friends thinking so lowly of me, but what other choice have I given them other than doubting me?

  Tears start to swell up in my eyes and I quickly stand up. "I don't want to play anymore," I reply back.

"But we are in the middle of the game," Ian says, scratching his collar.

"I'm sorry," I mutter, not thinking of this as a big deal.

  "You're quitting," Violet states the obvious. "Of course, what else could one expect from you." 

"That's enough," Kate shouts and they are all as shocked as I am about her sudden behavior. "You guys are unbelievable."

"Kate," I warn her but she doesn't shut up.

"No Venus, they don't- they don't even deserve to know the truth. They are being a bunch of jerks to you for no apparent reason," she blurts out and I sigh, looking away.

"No apparent reason?" Violet scoffs and stands up in front of us. "Isn't her leaving me to die for good, a good reason? Why do you support her so much anyways?"

"You know what, whatever. You guys can be a bunch of jerks to her as you please," Kate says, stifling a little laugh.

"For however long she has," she whispers so only Liam and I could hear her.

I put my hand on her shoulder and her eyes tear up. I take her hand and drag her away from the campfire and Liam follows behind.

"Kate, you can't do this all the time. I told you I don't want them to know, you can't keep bringing it up," I tell her.

She points to them through the bushes that cover us and scoffs. "They don't deserve you Venus. They don't know anything, yet they are judging you based off of what you did that night. They have lost all their faith in you," she mutters and I sigh.

"I didn't give them much of a choice either Kate. You have to understand," I reply back, holding onto her hand.

"I would die of the ruthlessness they show towards you Venus. It's as if before that horrible night you never existed, it's as if they forgot who you used to be. You- you are the only reason we all are what we are."

I heartily chuckle at her choice of words. "It's the other way around Kate. You guys are the reason I am who I am."

"Their words hurt me as if they were to be directed to me. Venus I am begging you to tell them," she literally begs me but I shake my head.

"I'd rather them not care about me when my time comes than to let them care too much," I whisper. "We should get going."

I start walking towards the group once again and stand next to the bonfire and extend my palms out. I feel the heat vibrating through my skin to my bones and my whole body. It feels so good.

I look behind me and see Kate and Liam still behind those trees and bushes. I smile at how much she cares for me. I can't imagine the love they all would give me if they knew. Maybe it would've been better for me, maybe not.

The same feeling of darkness covering my vision surrounded me once again. My eyes kept shutting close but I fought the urge to close them. I look in the direction of Kate and Liam but they didn't seem to love in my direction and I was too weak to say anything.

I slowly looked around and found them all looking at me, their eyes filled with concern. I open my mouth to say something but couldn't because my legs misbalanced, causing me to fall. As I was about to fall, I heard my name being called by four different people.

Suddenly an arm snakes around my waist and from the slight opening of my eyelid, I saw it was Cayson. Tyler held onto my head while Violet held hand.

I smile before completely passing out.

___

Aww, they are so cruel to Venus right now because they don't know about her condition. I'm sad for her. I can feel her heart break every time they comment something about her.

Why did Venus faint? You smarties know the answer to that. But, what do you think will happen next?

Don't forget to support me by pressing that little star at the bottom of your screen.

Thank you love!