Chapter 23- I Can't Believe It

I'm sorry for the long wait, it won't happen again. I'm going to start working on the next chapter tomorrow night. Please do me a favor and go check out my cousin's  (@Asvp_g0ld) new book called Bando. It's a really good Migos fan fic. She just started it so make sure to give her a lot of feedback!!!

******************************************

*Keyanna*

"Kim wake up. Please wake up baby. God please don't take her from me. Wake up!  Wake up! Kim," I cried while shaking her. It started as a gentle shake but got rougher as time passed with no response from her. Kimberly had fallen asleep hours ago during the transfusion, and she still hasn't woke up. Somewhere deep in the back of my mind, I knew what had happened, but I was in denial. I wasn't ready to accept the fact that I had lost my little sister.

Right now it was only Kiara and I in this room. August and Mel were in a separate room waiting for Denzel to wake up. I looked down at my sister. It was like she was only sleeping, she looked so peaceful. I watched as she took her last breath. I sat there hoping to see her little chest rise and fall again, but there was no movement. My baby sister had just died right in front of my eyes.

"I'm so sorry Kim," I whispered before finally breaking down. This is all my fault. I thought I was doing the right thing, I was trying to save Denzel. I let my emotions cloud my judgement, and I made the worst decision of my life. I will have  live with this regret for the rest of my life. I could feel myself on the verge of hyperventilating. It was becoming harder for me to breath as the seconds passed.

"Keyanna, I know this is hard, but you need to calm down," Kiara said walking over to me. She put her hand on my shoulder, but this provided little comfort for the emotional pain I was feeling now. My baby sister was really gone. She was never coming back. I'm all alone now, I have nobody. There's no reason for me to live anymore. My brother is gone, my sister is gone, and my mom might as well be gone.

I stood from my chair and picked Kimberly up from the bed. I held her lifeless body in my arms as my tears continued to fall. I couldn't believe that Kimberly was gone as a result of my choices. I took a deep breath in an attempt to calm myself down. I couldn't do anything but stare at her. This would be the last time I held her. I found some comfort in thinking that at least now she could be with my brother.

Kiara had walked out the room, but she quickly returned with a doctor and two nurses. Although their faces held looks of sympathy, it also appeared as if they had expected this to happen. I couldnt shake the feeling that this doctor had known all along that Kimberly wouldnt make it through this. My sadness was slowly turning to anger. Why wouldn't this doctor tell me not to go through with this? The doctor was talking to me, but I wasn't paying him any attention. I knew that nothing could be done to bring my sister back, so everything he was saying was irrelevant at the moment. I kissed Kimberly on the forehead before putting her back down on the bed.

I managed to hear them give their condolences just as they walked out the room. I sat back in my chair and tried to imagine what life would be like without Kimberly. When my brother was killed I made it my mission to make a better life for Kimberly. I wanted her to live a good life and be successful in whatever she decided to do. I worked hard and took extra classes so I could graduate early. I had planned to start college in the fall, but after this summer I doubt that will happen. I have nobody to work hard for, Kimberly was the push I needed to keep going. I can't believe she's gone.