Explaining

Chapter 7:

Niklaus

I thought that when the witch told me I would have a mate, that it would've been a lie, that it would've been fake. I didn't want to get my hopes up. Since I was a kid I've been waiting for her. Ayanna told me since I was a kid that there was a special someone for me. My mother didn't believe her. But I did. I wanted that special someone to care and love me for who I am.

"I know. I just didn't think that I would ever find you. It's been so long since they told me that I just thought that you were dead." I told her.

"I'm guessing that it was Ayanna who told you. Because your mother is a bitch and she wouldn't have told you to make you suffer."

"My mother didn't believe her. She tried to make me think that it was a lie. But Ayanna was more powerful than my mother and she had a connection that my mother didn't have."

"I know."

After that she finished dressing and out we went.

12 hours later...
Evory's POV

Today was amazing. We went to an amusement park and we got in all the attractions. It was excellent. Nik was having a great time and me too.

We are now in the hotel. I just got out of the shower and Nik was taking one now.

Today has been really peaceful. Nik and I got to know a little more about each other. We both like dark colors and the blood.

Tomorrow I will be going on a run in wolf form and I'm hoping that he accompanies me. I need to blow off some steam from the last few days and my wolf was getting restless because she hasn't been out for a few days.

When Nik got out of the shower I was getting into bed. I couldn't help but stare at him. He is so handsome and sexy. When he noticed he smirked at my way.

"Like what you see love?"

"Very much so. Do you want to go on a run tomorrow? In wolf form. You need to get used to your wolf and let him out."

"Why?"

"Because then you get restless and then you start to get more sensitive to rage. To free it you need to let him out and enjoy being free."

"Has it happened to you?"

"Yes, once. I lost control and I hate not being in control."

"Well then. Tomorrow we're going on a run then."

"Great."

He smiled at me and got in the bed with me.

———————————————————
PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!
It's short I know but, I have a few things to say.

-First of all, the president of the USA is a moron and an asshole.
-Second of all, us Puerto Rican people are U.S. citizens since 1917 by Jones Shafroth Law. So him treating us as if we were a pest as if we were a piece of shit is wrong of him.

-WE know our government is fucked up but it's been that way for so long. So you saying that we fucked up your budget with María, is just senseless. US the people weren't asking you to pay our debts.  We were asking you to save us, to help us after a hurricane of such magnitude. I am proud to be from P.R. In times of need we just need to unite as a people and help each other. We don't care where you come from.

-Hurricane Maria, I started feeling it where I live at 1:00 a.m. at 2:30 a.m. my parents were struggling to close a jammed window because the wind was so extreme that it could've blow our windows away. I tried to sleep but, every 30 or so minutes I would wake up and it was still dark. I lost my phone signal at 5:00 a.m.  My mom lost her signal at 9:00 a.m.  after my aunt called her. The power went out at 12:00 a.m.  We communicated with my grandparents shouting through the window. My parents made us dinner in his grill. At 2:00 p.m. my great grandfather's house exploded. The walls were blown away with half of the house. At 4:00 we went out when it was slightly calm to get some of his clothes and important stuff and send food to my grandparents house for them and my uncles that were in vacation with their families. September 20, 2017 was the longest day of my life. 16 hours of that hurricane hitting us at category 5 and never stopping. I had friends that had to leave the country because their parents lost their house and their jobs.  I had to make long lines to get water, ice, gasoline, food. Not just for my house but for my grandparents too. It was heartbreaking to see the houses of hundreds of people destroyed. And, still there are people that don't have a secure roof. The day after the hurricane my father left to work. The National Guard was activated. Every soldier had to report for duty in the nearest base. He left at 5 a.m. and returned at 7 p.m. to then go out and see if we could get gasoline. That's when we united as a people and started talking with strangers while waiting at the lines.

-I've heard Americans ask why in Puerto Rico there is no racism, why we don't discriminate. We don't discriminate but, there is a lot of machismo specially in the government. We are not racist because you could be the whitest person there is but, your grandmother is black, your grandfather is of indigenous descent, your other grandmother is white or of European descent. We are just so mixed that we don't see the point in being racists. We call priet@ or negr@ to the person in the family that has a dark color of skin.

-My heart is with the people of the Carolinas. We know, I know what it's like to see a disaster.

-I'm sorry for using this to vent but it's been almost a year and I couldn't stand it anymore. I'm sorry that the chapter is short. I love you all and stay safe.

-I will like to share this poem:

"They did not die in the hurricane.

They died in pain, at home, of kidney failure unable to access the dialysis clinic for weeks.
They died, gasping for hours near the end, when the oxygen tank they needed to breathe gave out.
They died in the dark and the heat of unsanitary ICU units, of burns or gunshot wounds received before the hurricane that they almost certainly would have survived otherwise.
They died, burning up with fever, of leptospirosis from being in touch with flood waters during the effort to save their neighbors.
They died in fear and confusion after being forced to go off their regular medication.
They died of heat stroke.

They died of diseases of antiquity, in a crisis of neglect unworthy the greatest, wealthiest and most powerful nation in human history.

They died. But we lived. And we remember.

By: Eleazar David Melendez"