- 69 -

"Hey!"

Jimin stuck his tongue out at Yoongi. He really wanted to be mad because wow, did Jimin just embarrass him in front of the founder of Alpha Centauri? He should probably review the terms of this relationship.

But heck, Jimin was too cute. He couldn't get mad no matter how he tried to.

"So what happened next?" Hope asked, clearly not interested in Jimin and Yoongi's banter.

With his arm still wrapped securely around his son, Z continued. "So I allowed them to think that they had killed me, making them lose hope in finding where the Data was. I know it had been hard for Y and Jimin, but I'm glad that they both remained strong."

"Hmm, of course I remained strong," Y spoke up this time. He crossed his legs and cocked his head to the side, looking distant as he tried to remember the past. "I was on a very important mission that time and I had no idea what's happening in the organization. I didn't know about X, so I was full of anger when I found out that my best friend got killed. There were no clues, AT ALL."

"No clues?" Hope asked.

Y nodded with a scowl. "Well, Z banished them all. I was very sad and angry, but thankfully, taking care of snobbish young Yoongs helped me get through the emotional turmoil. Thus, I tried to uncover the killer while at the same time training Yoongs-"

"Suga," Yoongi inserted with a glare. He could see the fond smile in Jimin's face, damn it.

"-training Suga. Seriously, I was very sure that Z would leave some kind of clue or whatever, so not finding any had been really suspicious for me. Turns out it was because the damn asshole was alive."

Jimin blinked at the 'damn asshole' part, before clearing his throat and effectively getting the attention of his Uncle Tadashi. "Uh... I'm just curious... Hyung already told me that you took care of him and was also the one who trained him into becoming an agent but I just realized, I still don't know how you've met Yoongi-hyung..."

Yoongi straightened his body, ready to be on the spotlight. "Believe me, babe, it was a very creepy story. He just suddenly showed up and kept giving me different sweets-"

"Oh come on, don't make it sound like I was some kind of paedophile maniac. You were just paranoid and everything for you was a scam. I tried to gain your trust, and I did, eventually," Y retorted.

"You were still creepy at first, though."

Z cackled. "You're right there, son-in-law. This man is damn creepy. There was this one time that-"

"Oh damn you all can we not talk about how there was a naked mannequin in my room? Again, that was not MINE. And again, that was only one time," Y shouted, sounding so done with life. Yoongi did not really notice. His mind stopped working at the 'son-in-law' part.

"But isn't Uncle Tadashi's sister a fashion designer?" It was Jimin. He looked like he was confused why what his father said was something creepy.

"Yes, Chimmy. But it was still creepy, nonetheless."

Y sighed heavily. "Can we just focus on your dramatic story, Z? So what did you exactly do while pretending to be dead?"

Yoongi blinked, not really listening to anything anymore.

So was he now like, the official son-in-law?

Should he be calm about it?

"Alright, alright. So as everyone thought I'm dead—pretending to be dead is not really politically correct, Y—I left the country and started recreating a new Data as you may have heard earlier when I confronted X."