Chap 11

~Lakota~

"No!" I shot up in bed.

"Lakota?"

Snapping my eyes open to see Gale leaning over me with concerned brown eyes. I was breathing heavy and I had this empty feeling coming over me for some reason. It was making me uncomfortable and I just had to get up from this bed. That was all I could think about. Quickly I threw my blankets off me, surprising Gale, who stepped away giving me room as I jumped out.

"Lakota?" he questioned but I couldn't focus on him right now. Something was really wrong.

My skin was itchy, and my head was racing with thoughts that I didn't want to be thinking about. There was a weird pain in my chest and I unconsciously pressed my hand to the center.

"Lakota?" Gale said again.

My eyes shifted up towards him and I finally spoke.

"Something's wrong."

His face was all I needed to know that something was truly wrong.

"I'm going to get Cyrus." He said softly and left.

I just paced the room, back and forth my hand still against my chest as I frowned. I noticed that it was night time as the moon shone through the window. I stopped my pacing and walked over to it. It was then I realized something odd. Leaning on the window seal I looked up through the glass and saw that it was a full moon.

"You figured it out didn't you." Cyrus's voice made me jump and I turned around to find him standing in the doorway.

"It's a full moon..." I stated as he nodded slowly.

"Yes, it is."

"Where is he?" was all I could say.

I watched his lips tighten and his jaw tense as he closed his eyes. Gale came up behind him then and the twin looks they gave told it all.

"The Seer took him." Cyrus finally answered.

I lost all the strength in my legs and dropped, sliding down to the floor. They both rushed forward as if to catch me but just ended up on their knees in front of me.

"Oh little wolf." Gale sighed and it only made it harder for me to comprehend what was happening.

"Why would she do that?" I whimpered dropping my head in my hands and gripping my hair tightly.

"Because she's a seer. They find out what you care about most and then take it from you. This was why I didn't want you to deal with her. I didn't want you to get hurt again."

"What am I going to do?" I cried looking up at then two men who were supposed to be my mates. Without my wolf I couldn't get the full connection that it once was but the attraction was still there.

Gale reached out and pulled me into his lap.

"We'll figure this out. I'll have my clan find her and get her back. She's not going to get away with this!" he exclaimed holding me tight.

"Damn right!" Cyrus chimed in agreement.

****

Later the next day I was leaning over the porch railing. I needed air. It was so lonely in my head and I didn't like it. I hadn't been this alone since I was taken away at seven. It took eight years for my wolf to come save me from my mental loneliness, to save me from the insanity that had begun to fester and now... he was gone. He was like my shield of all that was bad. I was starting to feel the affect. All that I had went through was rising to the surface. It made my skin itch, my mouth dry and my head pound. Memories better left in the recesses of my mind were coming forth and I knew that I didn't have the strength the stop it.