CHAPTER 4

Initiation

"When did bodyguards start needing bodyguards?" Nam Suji subtly looked through the curtains outside where a black car was parked outside their flat.

Lee Hyerin walked up to her and looked out too, "Suji, I don't think they're our bodyguards....they're checking up on us just like we thought."

"If you two have had enough playing hide and seek, do you want to come here," Kang Soo Ah said not looking up from the laptop.

The two girls walked back to her and sat beside her.

"E7 has actually been in the market for a while," Soo Ah said, "But it's totally exclusive and rare to get your hands on...it must be worth a fortune to get hold of."

"Why do Bangtan have it then?" Suji asked with furrowed brows.

"That's what we need to find out," Soo Ah said.

"At times like this, chief's help would really be useful," Hyerin sighed looking back at the window.

"Hyerin you know we can't go anywhere near the police station, Bangtan has people everywhere it's too dangerous," Suji explained.

"I know I know...it's just this is a big deal...a very big case for just us 3 to handle," Hyerin said.

"We just need to lay low, do our jobs as a bodyguard and try to find out as much as we can while we're in there," Soo Ah nodded at Hyerin and wrapped her arm around her, "We'll be fine."

"We better be!" Hyerin jokingly grimaced, "You're the one that wanted to take this case."

"Mianhe," Soo Ah pouted, "We just need to lay low and we'll be fine."

"And not get found out," Suji added and shook her head, "I thought we were goners when I saw that guy!"

"Shit! I forgot about that, how do you know him?" Hyerin sat next to Suji.

"I don't know...I think it's him," Suji furrowed her brows, "But he should have recognized me?"

"Where did you meet him?" Soo Ah asked anxiously.

"We went to the same police academy," Suji explained.

"Police academy?? That guy was a policeman??!!" the girls asked in shock.

"NO!" Suji shook her head, "About 1 month after we were there, he got kicked out, I don't know why though."

"Kicked out?" Soo Ah mumbled to herself.

"Yea...but I don't know why, he was one of the best students there....but there were so many of us at the academy maybe he really did forget me," Suji shrugged.

"Well, it's a good thing he didn't recognize you," Soo Ah sighed with relief before leaning back on the sofa, "Come on we've got a big day ahead of us tomorrow, let's get some rest."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The low music vibrated against the wall as Taehyung walked into the dark, smoke-filled room and sat next to the boys, "Here are the background checks for the girls," he placed the file in front of the boys before pouring himself a drink.

"And?" Seokjin asked as he picked up the file.

"And nothing," Taehyung shrugged, "They're clean."

Seokjin furrowed his brows, "You sure?"

"Why do you sound like there should be something?" Jimin pointed out to Seokjin.

Seokjin ignored his question and read the file, "Nam Suji...Kang Soo Ah and Lee Hyerin....hmm Nam Suji."