First night.

I fucking want to kill my parents for getting me married to Ritika, Rishita, or whatever her name is but I cannot because I love them way too much

I fucking want to kill my parents for getting me married to Ritika, Rishita, or whatever her name is but I cannot because I love them way too much. I looked at my reflection in the mirror one last time.

I looked good in the attire.

The sherwani fitted perfectly. I wish Kristen was here. I clicked a few pictures and sent it to her. After I saw the double tick something clicked and I cursed myself. This will break her heart. She will think I am happy because of this marriage but little does she know that I was fucking forced to get married.

I switched off my phone because I could not hear Kristen's cries, my heart already aches thinking about hurting her. My uncle knocked on the door, I opened it. He asked me if I was ready. I just nodded and walked out. He escorted me to the mandap. I felt like running away. I don't know what have I gotten myself into. It would have been so much better if  Rishita would have just rejected me.

I would have gotten married to my Kristen. She is soo breathtakingly beautiful. Her white complexion, her smile, her grey eyes. If only, my parents would have agreed to intercaste marriage, I would have been happy on my marriage day. 

I was deep in my thoughts when Rishita walked towards the mandap.

I would never deny the fact that she looked stupendous in the red lehenga. It showed all her beautiful curves. The make-up was just enough to highlight her features and not make her look like a clown. Her hair was not visible as she had the silk dupatta on her head.

It is truly said that a woman looks best in her wedding dress.

'Stop admiring her idiot,' mocked my subconscious.

I looked away from her and maintained my cold exterior.

***

During bidaai she did not shed a single tear except when she hugged Ayush, her tears never stopped. It seemed like the dam was left open. She hugged someone with everything she had in herself. As far as I know she does not have any other brother. Maybe he is a cousin, but when that person placed a kiss on her forehead my blood boiled. Not because I like her or anything but because in-spite of all the hatred she is still my wife. Some random guy kissing my wife is not tolerable. I wanted to yank him away from her but I did not. She pulled back herself with a smile on her face this time. This was the first time I had seen her smile genuinely.  During the entire wedding, I use to sneak a peek in her direction. Her eyes were lifeless and smiles were always fake. This genuine smile suited on her. 

Mom and Dad had vowed that they would go to Vaishno Devi (A famous temple in India, Located in Jammu Kashmir) the day I get married. My mom believed a lot in all these things. My parents and uncle were going together, their flight was around 7pm. Mom had ample of time to do all the stupid after wedding rituals.

There were these stupid games where we were asked to find a ring which was thrown in a bowl full of milk and rose petals. It is said that whoever gets the ring will be the dominant one in the relationship.

Stupidity on point!

***

Rishita and I went to drop off mom, dad and uncle at the airport and now we are headed back home. I did not have any plans of taking Rishita with me but mom forced me to do so. We did not exchange even a single word during the entire ride.

I pulled the car in my parking lot and Rishita got down. I desperately wanted to see Kristen. Maybe I should just call her. To clear things up maybe. She should have closure of what I feel towards her before ending things. I sent her a quick text asking her to come over. I will just talk to her downstairs. She replied within fraction of seconds saying she will be here in ten.

We walked inside the house. It was freaking empty and the atmosphere tensed with every passing minute. We both looked at each other at the exact same moment with the 'What the fuck? Now what?' looks.

One thing is for sure that I am not going to sleep with her at any bloody cost. My heart still belonged to Kristen. I went into my room and changed quickly into comfortable clothes. After changing, I went back to the drawing room and saw Rishita looking everywhere like a lost puppy. I almost felt sympathetic towards her but then I remembered that this girl  was the reason why I was not with the love of my life.

I rolled my eyes and walked towards the door. Her intense eyes were staring at me to say something, anything and I finally gave in.

"Go straight and take a left. My room is there. Get yourself changed. I will be back later. You can sleep on the bed, I will crash on the couch. If you are not comfortable with us sleeping in the same room, you can sleep in the guest room right opposite to my room," I said in a monotonous tone and left.

I looked around my new home as I followed the directions Vihaan gave me to his room

I looked around my new home as I followed the directions Vihaan gave me to his room. It was a cute small bungalow. The walls were painted cream and the couches were placed in the middle of the drawing room with a TV hanging on the wall. I walked through a small hallway that led to the room. Pictures of the family were hanging on the wall as I passed through. I opened the wooden door and walked inside my new room. A huge painting of Vihaan was hanging on the wall with a king size bed placed in the middle. A walk in closet was at the right of the room. 

Petals of red roses were scattered on the bed and candles were lit making the atmosphere in the room romantic. I rolled my eyes at the scene. 

Way too dramatic!

I sat on the bed as my feet were aching badly. This is my new life, where my husband does not give a shit about me and well I don't even know what am I going to do?

It took me almost an hour to get rid of the makeup. I changed into comfortable pajamas and a top and I lay down on the bed. I was peacefully thinking when I heard shuffling from outside that caught my attention. Maybe Vihaan was back? I got up from the bed and started making my way to the drawing room. 

"But Vihaan, I love you babe," I froze in my tracks as I saw a girl wrapped in Vihaan's arms.

What the hell is going on?