Eleven

-Mia-

I hadn't seen Vincenzo in over four days.

Dante said he was doing some business that needed him to be away but Valentina said that Dante was lying. They ended up having a small argument over this and it took a while to calm them down; they both liked to have the last word.

Cat was back. Dante had spoken to Vincenzo and arranged some things. As Cat had no where else to go and wanted to stay for a while, Vincenzo had told Dante to tell Cat that she could stay. She still stayed at the maid's house with Bambi but once she was in maternity, she had to stop working to rest.

She went shopping with me and Val for baby things. If she was going to stay for a while, she needed things for Bambi and her new child.

I missed Vincenzo.

I missed his presence and was starting to get worried. What was he doing?

April had gone back to her grandma's and I found out that Bianca, her mother, lived on the second maid floor. I bumped into her once and apologised, going back to clean but she called me names and talked in Italian to some of the girls. I chose to ignore her, fighting with her wasn't going to get me anywhere.

We were in Mothercare, looking at small outfits and prams. Cat was pushing one gently, her hands seemed to travel at each part of the pushchair. "Not this one." She said. I spluttered, "what? It's great, it's so cute!" She shook her head, "nah. .too big."

"What about this one?" Val asked, walking around it. Cat went over. "Ooh, it's Slivercross." A minute later she said, "no, too low."

I groaned at this. Cat wanted a double buggy so she could have Bambi and the unborn in one. We had looked at loads and she still wasn't satisfied. "These things take time, Mia. Has to be perfect to fit your style," Valentina said as we walked along to see some more. "Wait till you become a mother."

"Urgh. .why does everyone say that?"

"Because," Cat said, pushing a stroller backwards and forwards. "It doesn't make sense until it actually happens."
"I like this one," Cat murmured, playing with the toy that was displayed on the hood. "It's cute."

"And it's iCandy," Valentina added. It was lovely and would be great for Cat. Wasn't too big or too small. Nothing too extravagant. "It's perfect," I complimented, visualising what it would look like with children in it.

We brought the pushchair with Vincenzo's card and were on our way back to the parking lot. I had bags filled with toys, outfits and baby bottles in my hands. Valentina was holding the car seat and practically dragging a high chair. I was wondering how she was able to carry it all. Cat was pushing the stroller with a baby bath on the top and a few baby needs like bottles, blankets, soap, nappies, etcetera.

We filled the boot with all the stuff. Valentina opened Dante's side. "Couldn't you be a man and help us?"

"Couldn't you be a woman and call for help?"

"Shut up."

"Shut up."

I almost laughed at this, but Cat did as we went into the back and Val went into the passenger seat. We started driving and I wondered, "aren't you going to inject us."

"Nah. ." Dante shrugged, "what's the point?"

The journey was long and I couldn't see what was outside so there was no point looking. We all talked during the time we had together, all laughing at Dante's ridiculous jokes and puns.