chapter.9

daisy

Weeks passed by slowly and the days dragged on. Everyday was repetitive and not very productive but fortunately, Seth made everything much more bearable. It was like being stuck in an endless nightmare with the man of her dreams.

Since being there, she would smile more and more frequently all because of him and the way he would make her feel. He even made her laugh quite often, which was something she didn't expect from Seth as he was such a grumpy person. But in the few times her mood was down from overthinking or just missing the outside world, Seth would try his best to elicit a giggle out of her, whether telling a corny joke or poking her in the stomach. Apparently, that was her weak spot.

Nevertheless, he'd never fail and because of this, Daisy found herself liking him more with every second spent with him. And they spent a lot of seconds together.

Though a downside with being incredibly attached to him was that Seth would sometimes leave her to do things he knew she wouldn't approve of and it would be unbearable for her. She didn't know the details and honestly didn't really want to. Daisy had learned not to ask him about it anyway a few days ago.

Flashback

She cringed at her saliva soaked sleeve from chewing it with nerves. Waiting for Seth to return from wherever he was never got any easier. Each time she was wracked with nerves, wondering if he'd return with more than a couple bruises on his knuckles or if he'd return at all.

After an officer came to bring him away, he told her to stay in their cell and that he'd be back before she fell asleep. Daisy didn't doubt that as it was now impossible for her to sleep without his arms wrapped around her protectively.

Eventually, Seth came back with a stony expression on his face until it softened when he saw her watery eyes blinking up at him from her mountain of blankets.

"I'm here now, angel." He said, sitting on the bed and caressing her soft hair affectionately.

"Sethy." Her bottom lip wobbled while she climbed onto Seth's lap and snuggled into his neck.

"Baby, you're shaking." His hands rubbed her back to warm her up.

There were a few people shouting manically a couple of minutes ago but telling him would only anger him. Frank, especially, would wait until Seth was out of hearing range before taunting her with frightening words every single time.

She always felt vulnerable whenever he wasn't with her yet she didn't want him to feel guilty for spending time away from her. Daisy had gotten used to enough people telling her she was too clingy - she didn't want Seth to get annoyed with her too.

Instead she asked what he was doing and if he had gotten in trouble. It wouldn't surprise her but Daisy didn't know which prison officers were genuine from the ones that were manipulated by Seth. She suspected many of them were the latter.

"Just doing business, which reminds me." He lifted her up to place her next to him while he reached into his pockets and pulled out five packs of cigarettes and a small box of Smarties, which he gave to her saying, "here."

"How did you get these?" She asked worriedly, not taking the box from his hands and looking at them as if they were disease ridden.

Seth looked disappointed with her reaction but hid it by eating some of the chocolate himself and tossing the rest in front of her. "Just asked nicely." He said with heavy sarcasm and began changing into his night clothes after hiding the cigarettes on the top bunk.