{Chapter 11}

When you woke up, you felt refreshed and ready to take on anything. Sleeping on a real bed was so much better then sleeping on a dirty old mattress. You sat up and stretched, noticing that is a lot brighter outside now. Probably midday at this point. You slowly got out of bed and slipped your feet into a pair of white bunny slippers.

As you walked out of your bedroom, you noticed that it was very quiet in the house. You walked into the kitchen to see a note sitting on the table.

'If you are reading this, (Y/N), I went into town to get more food. If you are going to be staying here for longer then a week, i will need to know. -Dorothy'

You shrugged and started to look around. You never got to fully explore the place, and it seemed pretty interesting to you. The house wasn't very big, but it held a lot of secret rooms. You found one that held a lot of old pictures. As you stared at them, it dawned on you. Dorothy's husband was dead.

Tears filled your eyes as you stared at one of the pictures. It was in black and white, and had a very young looking Dorothy standing next to a handsome young man. On the back was a note.

'Dorothy + Samuel, an everlasting love'

"Samuel..." you said quietly. A small smile crept across your face. Despite your tears, you felt happy. Dorothy had herself a very lucky man. if she was always this kind to everyone, her husband must've been very lucky.

A small bang made you jump. You looked around then put the picture back in its box and shut the door to the room.

You turned to look at where the noise had come from. Expecting to see Dorothy, you forced a smile and stared in front of you.

At a red balloon.