4.3

The next day, Xue Long thought of a plan to enter the house next door while Lin Xi wandered throughout the tribe to find his lover. He already narrowed down the list, but he still wasn't sure. By the end of the day, he had no luck and failed to find any clues about all the potential suspects.

"Xian Shi!" A shout came from behind him. Turning around, Lin Xi saw a boy who seemed to be the same age as him. Going through Xian Shi's memory, he found out that the boy, Lian Yahui was another ger whose cinnabar was scarlet.

Although his cinnabar was dark, there were many rumors about the boy being odd and strange, so he didn't have a lot of suitors. The rumors spread that the boy looked at someone - even a stranger - and told them their supposed future. His parents considered him inauspicious and shunned him.

When he learned to speak, Lian Yahui had told his parents that they would be with different lovers in the future. Without knowing anything, he continued to tell people ominous things such as when their death will be and unfortunate events occurring. Although his predictions came true, the tribe believed that the boy was going to bring misfortune to the tribe.

Xian Shi befriended the boy despite all the rumors and they became close friends. Lian Yahui realized how his power and words affected the tribe and barely spoke to anyone other than Xian Shi. He saw everyone's future, but for some reason, he could never see Xian Shi's. He felt like an ordinary person with Xian Shi.

Lin Xi didn't know if Lian Yahui was lying or actually had the power to see into the future, but as long as the boy didn't hurt Xian Shi, he wouldn't do anything to him.

"Ah? What happened?" Lin Xi asked him since the boy had an anxious look on his face.

"I have an ominous premonition about you." Lian Yahui couldn't see his friend's future, but he had a sensitive mind that allowed him to feel like something would happen – whether good or bad – they would appear in him once in a while. He had an odd feeling yesterday, but he hadn't been able to find his friend until now.

Lin Xi laughed, "I'm fine. I have to go back now." He waved and walked away.

Looking at his back, Lian Yahui noticed that his friend was different, and his future seems foggy making it impossible to predict.

—————

On his way next door, Xue Long saw the cute boy and followed him. He was certain that Xian Shi was his fiancé, but he needed the ring to prove it. He knocked on the door and Li Qiang opened the door to see Xue Long. He was excited thinking that the man came to see him.

"I wanted to thank you for saving me." Xue Long handed him a basket filled with high quality rice, grains, other rare foods.

Li Qiang was so flattered and quickly invited him in for dinner and Xue Long gladly accepted. His father was not surprised because he knew that Xue Long was a righteous man who wouldn't leave without thanking his savior. He made a feast and they wanted to start eating when Xue Long spoke out.

"Where's the other boy?" Although Xue Long wanted to claim his fiancé, but he had to act clueless.

"Oh? He already ate outside. There's no need to mind him." The step father answered and normally any guest wouldn't care and accept his response, but Xue Long was no ordinary guest.

He refused to eat anything, and an awkward silence filled the room. Li Qiang couldn't handle the mood and quickly called Xian Shi to eat.

Lin Xi was befuddled as to why his step brother and father wanted to eat with him. They usually wouldn't care if he starved to death and acted only when necessary. Going to the dining room, he realized why they acted out of norm. The important golden thigh was sitting at the dining table.

"Father, brother, I'm not hungry so you can eat without me." Lin Xi wanted to help them be alone with Xue Long, but the man did not agree with his plan.

Seeing how skinny the boy was, Xue Long was distressed and wanted to feed him more food. He dragged Xian Shi to the table and began piling his bowl with food.

Lin Xi saw this and had no choice but to eat while Li Qiang was glaring at his direction.

Why are you angry at me? I already declined, but Xue Long insisted that I stay.

Lin Xi didn't understand Xue Long's actions, but he could only speculate. He ate all the meat in his bowl but left the vegetables. Xue Long was focused on Xian Shi and noticed this. He frowned and brought his chopsticks with broccoli to Lin Xi's mouth.

"Eat."

When Li Qiang witnessed it, his eyes became cold. Lin Xi was also annoyed. He hated broccoli along with most vegetables, but he was irritated by the fact that Xue Long tried to feed him. Only his lover was allowed to feed him. Even if his lover gave him a piece of vegetables, he would reluctantly eat it. Seeing Lin Xi's mouth refusing to open, Xue Long could only give up.

Baby, you're so picky. I'm going to have to fix that.

At the end of dinner, he had successfully obtained the ring which was hidden under the table in a hidden compartment. He made sure that no one noticed and went back. He had to ensure that he inherited the chief's position and his brothers weren't a threat to him or his fiancé.

"Elder brother, did you tell Xue Long that you're his fiancé?" Li Qiang questioned Xian Shi due to Xue Long's irregular behavior during dinner. Xue Long barely knew Xian Shi other than their first encounter at the door yet the man actedlike they have been a married couple for years.

"Brother, I've already told you that you can be his fiancé. I don't want him." Lin Xi replied.

If Xue Long heard, he would cry.

His step father, however, was still suspicious. "Dear, your father never left any documents or evidence of your engagement, right?"

Although his tone sounded kind and caring, his eyes betrayed hhim. They were filled with greed for power. The original Xian Shi never noticed until the end where it finally was obvious that his step father and brother was using him and his engagement or they wouldn't have pretended to be nice in the beginning. If he didn't have the engagement, they would have thrown him in the streets when it was known that his father died.

Xian Shi did have proof in a letter that his father wrote, but Lin Xi didn't bother reading it and tossed it out as soon as possible. He didn't want to have shackles restraining him with a random man. He was waiting for his lover to appear or he wouldn't still be in this hell-hole with awful actors.

"Of course not. Father, I wouldn't lie to you." Lin Xi answered innocently.

Only then, did he smile. His step father knew that the boy wouldn't lie. Even if he did, he knew Xian Shi had no power to go against him.