xvii| Auto-odium

"I'm tired of loving somebody that's not mine."

septendecim

septendecim.

auto-odium

Intense dislike of oneself.

════════

"DO YOU WANT TO GO HOME? OR TO COME TO MINE?" AUDREY ASKED CAREFULLY, HER JACKET PLACED AROUND MY SHOULDERS AS I LEANED AGAINST CHASE'S CAR.

I shook my head, "I don't know," I could barely whisper. Honestly, I didn't remember much from the incident, even if it did happen moments ago. My mind was a mess, just flashes of the pool table. Although I could clearly feel his hands on my body, as if every nerve in my body memorised his touch.

I also clearly remembered his deep breath, the way his chest slowly rose as he took a step back to unbuckle his belt.

"I can cancel on Dean," she whispered comfortingly. I didn't want her to stop her day because me, but I didn't want to be alone at home. Mum wasn't going to be home until late and I didn't want to be alone in the house, or even in a room.

"Where do you think Chase is?" I asked pathetically, counting every breath as I felt every single heart beat, in sync with my pounding skull.

"Killing Drake probably," she muttered to herself. I didn't even have the energy to fear for Drake. "I'm so sorry," she continued, "I didn't know he was like that or I never would have left you alone with him, and then I bumped into Chase and I had to tell him you and I came together and that you were alone with Drake and he told me all about what type of guy Drake was. I'm so sorry."

I tore my eyes off the ground to look at her, "don't apologise. It's my fault."

Her eyebrows creased as she frowned immediately following my sentence, "how on Earth is this your fault?" She asked in almost outrage.

I shook my head, feeling my throat slowly close up again as I held in tears, not wanting to cry for the third time today. "I just need Chase to be down here," I said quietly, feeling exhausted.

"He'll be down," she reassured me.

She moved my hair to one side of my shoulder, wrapping her left arm around me as I rested my head on her shoulder. The two of us waited in silence, listening to the faint music as I felt the cold air on my barely covered skin. I embraced the icy wind, allowing it to cut into my skin as I stood still.

It wasn't long before I saw Chase jog out of the house, and I felt my breaths become deeper and clearer. His eyes skimmed the road, looking for us probably, squinting before he saw us. He made his way to the two of us, unlocking the car with his keys. The first thing I wanted to do was wrap my arms around his neck and never let go, but Chase wasn't thinking the same thing.