166

I woke up to Harry not laying next to me, which will forever make me paranoid about where he could be but I know he's just somewhere around the house- after all he is an early riser.

But after laying in bed, staring at the ceiling for half an hour in my own thoughts- I pulled myself out of the warmth of the duvet and walked myself downstairs. I wore a baggy crewneck sweater and a pair of track pants that I wore yesterday. When I got downstairs to the empty living room, I led myself to the kitchen where I heard movement. Once stepping in, I see Harry standing tall with his back to me at the counter. He was missing a shirt like usual and the black track pants hung low on his hips, letting me see the dimples at the bottom of his spine.

"Good morning." I lean against the threshold that divides the living room and kitchen.

He turns his head over his shoulder, a smile creeping up his pink lips. When his full body turns around to look at me, he appeared to be holding two glasses of orange juice. I smirked while keeping my side leaned against the doorway and crossing my arms.

"Is that for me?" I ask.

"Mm no, it was actually for my other pregnant girlfriend." He hums while walking over to me and handing me the tall glass.

I snicker and retrieve the cup from his ring covered fingers, taking a sip from the juice.

"Thank you." I smile, "Where is everyone?" And by everyone I meant Niall and Louis.

"Louis went to his house to deal with some of the basement flooding issues, and Niall left a few minutes ago for a jog." He explains while taking a sip from his own glass.

I nod and peer my eyes up to his patched shoulder, making me frown a bit when I remember what happened to him.

"How's the wound?" I ask while analyzing the bandage.

"Oh, it's okay. I took a pain med a little while ago. I just got to be carful." He says calmly.

As I stare at the covered wound, I get flashes of putting pressure on it in the back seat of the car. It was like a slideshow that was sped up three ones as fast so everything that happened in that car played my mind so vividly. I was seeing him shout in pain when I was taking off his jacket, I was seeing myself looking down at my hands that were covered in blood, I was seeing Harry slowly shutting his eyes beneath me while his skin when icy pale, I seeing it all play through my mind like it was going to be burned in my vision forever.

"Amelia?" Harry's voice disrupts my thoughts as I realized I was staring blankly at his shoulder.

"S-Sorry what?" I shake my head and snap out of the trance I was in, looking back up to his worried expression.

"You okay?" He grabs my hip in slight concern.

"Yeah, no sorry I'm fine." I brush it off and tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Are you sure? You were kinda out of it and looked a bit frightened.." He asks again.

"It just makes me sad knowing what happened to you." I shake my head, placing the cup on the counter and crossing my arms.

"I know.. I'm sorry you had to go through that." He places his cup down and steps closer to me, bringing both arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him.

"No you were the one that got shot, I feel awful knowing you had to go through all of that pain." I murmur while placing my open hands on his chest.

"Well that's over now. So let's not think about it and move forward." He pulls me closer for a full embrace. I nuzzle into his warm smooth chest as he hold me firmly, keeping his chin on top of my head. Everything felt so perfect in this moment, the sounds of his beating heart always calmed me.