3

saori begs yuta to let her sit-in his band practice to avoid getting caught by taeyong that no she does not have detention, mind you, she's just avoiding him.

"you suck at lying saori," yuta tells her but lets her tag along as he heads to his clubroom on the third floor.

saori skips happily beside him, offering to treat him and his bandmates ice cream right after.

when she enters the clubroom, she's greeted by energetic band geeks, to which she returned their enthusiasm.

"hey! long time no see, lil' champ." park chanyeol, their drummer, ruffles saori's hair as a welcome.

saori pouts and slaps his hand away, trying to fix her puffy short hair back to normal. "don't touch my hair, yeollie!" she grunts.

"hair? i thought it was a nest!" chanyeol fake gasps, earning chuckles from his bandmates, and an unamused glare from his victim

"haha, this is why sun bi won't go out with you." that gets them 'ooohhs' from the others as it was chanyeol's turn to pout.

"fine, you win." he scampers off to the corner, trying to avoid saori's savage tongue.

saori proceeds to greet the rest of the band; jeongyeon, their keyboardist, and mingyu, their lead guitar.

"is she our new bassist?" mingyu asks yuta as the latter sets up his guitar on the room's platform.

"ha! yeah right." yuta scoffs sarcastically. "saori, go sit on a chair and stay there."

"i'm not a dog!" she frowns but follows her cousin's instructions anyway.

mingyu and jeongyeon giggle at the cousin's exchange before starting to warm-up their respective instruments for practice.

"so, what're you doing here? you don't normally watch us practice." once again, chanyeol siddles beside saori, starting to bug her again.

saori shifts in her seat. "i'm avoiding someone," she admits.

"who?" chanyeol quirks an eyebrow.

"someone who likes me." saori shrugs, not really wanting to spread the fact that lee fucking taeyong likes her.

"ooh." chanyeol purrs, intrigued. "mind sharing who?"

"no." saori states firmly. "go practice or something." she shoos him away, but chanyeol being chanyeol, stays and annoys the fuck outta her.

"oh c'mon sao. we gotta make sure you're not imagining things!"

"go away chanyeol!"

"hyung." yuta says exasperatedly, itching to start with practice already. it's only a few weeks before the music festival, and he really wants to perfect their set before anything else. 

saori pushes chanyeol away so the band could focus on their upcoming performance. yuta orders her to stay put and not interrupt them as they practice.

saori pouts but complies anyway, whipping out to phone to text random people's numbers. she wishes she had johnny's--so she could prank him and threaten him and tell him to stop being so damn fine and ruin her life! 

she startles when the band starts playing as chanyeol hits the drums a bit too loudly. 

she watches them in awe as mingyu leads with the guitar, yuta following suit rhythmically. jeongyeon presses the keys almost too quickly saori was afraid her fingers were going to fall off. 

it was obvious that chanyeol lead the beat of the song, and it was pretty awesome how everyone was in sync. 

saori suddenly wishes she had a hobby to spend her time to. but no, she was one of those girls who did nothing but eat and complain about school. she doesn't even have a favorite band to talk to others with!