10

EDITED

10

The next morning I couldn't control the smile that appeared on my face.

Jackson: how's 11 for tutoring?

If possible, my smile got bigger merely from seeing Jackson's name appear on my phone first thing in the morning.

I looked at the time and saw that, since it was 9:30, that could work.

Me: fine by me!

I locked my phone and spread myself on my bed as I recalled last night after we kissed.

**last night**

"I like you, Jaycee." He said. He sounded positive, but he still looked angry.

"I like you too, Jack."

"Good." All anger washed away from his face and he offered me a small smirk that almost resembled a smile.

"But, we need to take things slow. You can't deny you have a history - hopefully a history," I emphasized history. "Of playing girls. It's not that I don't trust you, but it's better off for both of us."

Jackson heaved out a sigh. "I know. But, you're mine and no one else's."

"Good luck getting that through Clarissa's head."

"I'm serious." Jack said with a straight face, but a playful tone.

"Me too." I laughed. "Oh...and if I'm yours and only yours, I guess that makes you mine and only mine."

"That's correct." He winked and kissed my cheek. I couldn't help but let out my small squeal of happiness.

**

"Jaycee," I opened my eyes quickly and spotted Claire. She was wearing a bright pink tank top, white shorts, her brown hair was straightened, and sunglasses were perched on the top of her head. "I worry about you, child."

I ignored her, "where are you headed?"

"A mall out of town with Josh and his cousin. From there he's taking me to my parents'. So I'll see you Monday - maybe Sunday night."

"Oh, have fun. Bye, Clairey."

"Call Garfield back. That boys annoying as hell." I chuckled and picked up my phone from beside me.

9 missed calls from Jackson

Whoops?

When Claire was out the door, I pressed call back.

"Jace? Are you okay?" I chuckled softly at his concern.

"Yes, Jack. Just dozed off a bit." I checked the time again. Oh, I should probably get in the shower - 10:30. "I'll see you in an hour? I have to go shower."

"Were gonna study at the library today because I was looking for something yesterday and my room is now a war zone. I'll pick you up at 11:30, Kay?"

"Sure thing." I smiled into the phone. "Bye, Jack."

"Bye, Jace."

I hung up and headed out of the room to the showers.

I haven't had anything remotely close to a boyfriend since ninth grade. I was played and destroyed.

Yea, I should be scared I might be heading down the same path. But like in the words of Olaf - some people are worth melting for...some people are worth being hurt by. I'm willing to get hurt by Jackson. He deserves a chance.