Chapter 24: Desperate Measures

I stepped outside closing the door behind me. "Are you fucking serious? Erica yelled. I sighed sitting against his car. "He wants me to play his fiancé" I spoke. She was appalled she placed her hand on her hip turning around in disbelief. "Oh, the nerve. BITCH is you slow or dumb? Did killing someone and being a woman beater go in one ear and out the other? She yelled.

'First off, you can stop calling me a bitch. I heard loud and clear what you said and that's probably not how it went down" I said. I know I sounded ridiculous right now but I was in a weird situation and I didn't want to be wrong... she just wouldn't understand.

"WOW Jo" she shook her head.

"Who did you find this out by? I asked. "I went to one of those clubs that family owns the other night with a few of my homegirls. I saw Ricky there managing things. I brought up the fact that you work for him and then the random girl was spilling all the tea. She was an ex-stripper at Lemonade" she explained. I sat back wondering who it was that was telling her all of this.

"

He's not going to hurt me" I said. "Are you sure? She asked. "You look a little discombobulated to me" she rolled her eyes. "He didn't do anything if that's the case. I'd be leaving with you right now. I get he has a pass but I gotta take care of my family and if this is the quickest way to make sure I'm okay then so be it" I said.

"This nigga didn't even like you since the day you set foot on his property and now since you're his assistant, and you're a down to earth girl he wants you to help with his messy life. That's your problem Josie you just let niggas misuse and abuse you. When are you going to take matters in your own hands the correct way? She asked. The things she was saying were hurtful as hell but at the same time she wasn't dealt with the cards, I was dealt with.

"I need the money" I snapped.

"WE ALL NEED MONEY" She yelled. "Do you realize that being involved in this family will do you more harm than good, as soon as FBI sees your ass knowing you know shit on them your dumb ass is going to jail?" she said.

"So what do you want me to do Erica huh? 'Work 3 fucking jobs making 10 dollars an hour for all of them, then still trying to take care of two kids. Huh? I asked her.

"I have a major hospital bill from Morgan's surgery 50 thousand dollars. I have to pay for all of insurance every month, I have a car payment, I have a phone bill, and then I'd have to pay for rent and electrical bills" I said. She got quiet looking around

"I can help you"

"By what? I yelled. "You're making 800 a week. How is that going to help me when you have your own shit to take care of huh? I asked.

"My mom can help" she said. I laughed a little looking around "Where was she? When I was being forced into a cult? If that's the case, I would be living with her right now and not having to worry about a babysitter. Were not her responsibility" I explained

She laughed "So Ricky is huh? What you think you extra special now? He probably does this shit with every girl he sees. You really think all of this shit just happened on purpose? He sees that you're a struggling mom, then his brother hires you, then the nigga stops you from stripping, then he offers you a place to stay and now. Ha! Now he's forcing you to be his fiancé. you just got finessed sis and sooner than later he's gonna have you doing shit you don't like... hiding guns in your purse, hell even pimping your ass. He's a manipulator" she said. I stood there taking in what she was saying. I didn't look at it as deeply as she was and it was truly hurting my feelings that she was saying all of this stuff.