b a t t l e o f t h e o b s t i n a t e

I desperately fish out ear plugs from the little catch-all bowl by the night stand

The music, the noise, is persistent like a child yearning for candy his mother continually refuses to buy. But with the plugs, muffs and pillow over me, the drumming is finally tuned down to a manageable level.

The tiredness and soreness cascading over my limbs finally start drifting me into a slumber, that's long been beckoning.
As my eyelids start to pull down, my phone buzzes against my ear.

My eyes snap open at once, I'm not much of a deep sleeper.

WiFi Disconnected 📴
Network ID rename alert ⚠️

Reconnecting to:  SORRY NOT SORRY  📶

Network reconnected ☑️

I sit up so suddenly, the pillow over me has flown away a good feet. Did I imagine that they would be this level of low and petty?

Not the slightest really.

But Oh.
But Oh, game on.

Network Configuration

Change network ID to: ' I WILL THROW HANDS. ITS 1 AM.' ?

YES|NO

It's hardly been a 10 full seconds and my phone beams against the darkness, another alert on it's screen.

WiFi disconnected 📴
Network ID rename alert ⚠️

Reconnecting to: FIESTY. I'D LIKE TO SEE 📶

Network reconnected☑️

The random exchange of Network ID changes occur for the full next half hour, I hardly think I'd regret it if I flung myself against the wall at this point. Frustration is penting over me and anger burns white hot.

Calm yourself you don't even know them, is what I want to say to myself. I've been calm enough fuck this shit, is what I say to myself instead.

I need them to stop. Now.

Network configuration

Password settings

Enter new password: *heresalongasspasswordtheydneverguess*
ReEnter new password: *heresalongasspasswordtheydneverguess*

Confirm password?
YES|NO

As soon as I click confirm, the music halts and a smirk snakes across my face. Collected sounds of grunts and annoyance sound from upstairs instead.

Now that's music to my ears. They need the password for the WiFi, they need the WiFi to stream Radio One.
I can now finally sleep, the comforter finds itself over me again.

[A/N]

I'm hoping you guys understand the story so far. I keep fearing you don't understand what I write
because I'm unorganised

 thoughts as usual?

Ps:thx for 100 reads ❣️