The Mistress.

I woke up with a throbbing pain in my shoulders and neck

I woke up with a throbbing pain in my shoulders and neck. I looked around to see where I was and then reality slapped me. All the memories of the previous day flashed in front of my eyes; my wedding, the bidaai, the stupid after-wedding games and rituals, the drive to the airport, and my husband laughing and clinging to another woman.

Last night some girl was pressed to my husband's side and they were laughing and whispering something in each other's ear. Something shattered within me, not that I like my husband but it's just that he is my husband and I cannot see him with random chicks.

I had locked myself in 'our' bedroom. Tears were rolling down my cheeks.

Why did I even get married? My life is screwed. I thought.

I had sat down on the floor and rested my head on the bed. I had remained in the same position. That explains the shoulder and neck pain. I might have passed out like that.

I got up from my not so comfortable position and looked at my reflection in the mirror.

I looked like shit!

My eyes and nose were red and swollen, and my hair was a mess. I went to my bag and removed fresh clothes and my other necessities.

After taking a shower I stood in front of the mirror again. The mirror has become my best friend nowadays. I applied a little kajal, lipstick and sindoor. The sindoor is a very important thing after marriage. I looked at my reflection. I looked good in the yellow salwar kurta.

I walked into the kitchen to make breakfast when I saw the same bimboo from yesterday swaying her hips to the rhythm of 'Hips don't lie'. Is she a bitch comparing herself to Shakira? Has she even seen her face in the mirror?

Bitch.

My eyes landed on her attire. She was wearing nothing but a shirt, that too Vihaan's shirt. My blood boiled. They did have sex yesterday.