Are they feelings?

We reach Wal-Mart abd I stay glued to my seat. Zayn cuts off his engine and sighs, making me jump. He looks over at me and smirks. I blush.

I used to be so not shy with people. Now I'm not so comfortable interacting with anyone. I didn't want to come out today, but father made me.

*Earlier Today*

"Lainey, remember to take your pills," father yells.

I groan and take the antibiotics out of the drawer. Taking two out, I swallow them down with water.

"You should go out. It's been a month. Please, I'll even give you money," father begs me.

I don't want to leave the safe haven that is my home. I don't know what's out there. What kind of people.

I shake my head and continue to eat my cereal. My dad frowns and starts to get that distant look when he's thinking of her. I sigh and grumble out a 'fine.'

He smiles and I return a fake one back. Hope he doesn't notice.

A cab pulls up to the house and I open the car door. The man at the wheel asks, "Where off to Ms.?"

It makes me yelp and run out of the car. I rather go walking, I decided.

*Present*

I'm snapped back to reality when Zayn waves a hand in front of me. I'm embarrassed that my mind had roamed somewhere else while he was talking to me. I've been doing that a lot lately.

"I'm s-sorry. What did you say?" I ask shyly, tucking a piece of lose hair behind my ear.

He chuckles and the beautiful sound echoes through out the car. "It's alright. Let's go.. erm..."

At first I'm confused then I know I still haven't given him my name. "Oh, it's Lainey," I whisper.

"Lainey," he repeats my name, sending a thrill through me. We walk towards the entrance and I cower when I see so many people in one place. They could touch me easily. I stop, taking in slow breaths.

Once Zayn doesn't hear me behind him, he stops and turns around. A frown spreads across his face. He walks back to me and raises an eyebrow.

"S-so many people," I barely breath out. He looks confused but doesn't say anything. Instead, he wraps an arm around me and tells me to breath in and out.

"Thanks, Zayn," I tell him once we get to the electronic station.

He nods then walks over to inspect the cameras. "What kind was yours?"

I walk over to him and inspect each one. I point over to the one on the left side. It looks exactly the same but doesn't mean the same.

"That's it? If you want, I can buy you a different one."

I shake my head. We go to the salesman and tell him that we want the camera. He nods and say that he'll be right back.

"So, Lainey. Why were you at the museum?" he asks me curiously.

"Erm, looking at the artworks."

"Well, duh, but why?"

"It reminds me of my mom. She used to love to go there." I shift uncomfortably.

"Used to?"

There it is. The question. I knew people would ask for my mother. I knew I would have to answer them. Better get used to it.

"She died a couple months ago," I whisper.

"Oh. I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

"It's okay," I assure him.

"No, no it-" he gets interrupted by the salesman man. He gives me an apologetic look, but I ignore it. I don't want anyone feeling sorry for me

«~*~»

We arrive at my and sit still for a while. The whole ride here was full of silence. I look over at Zayn and say, "Thank you for the camera."

"No problem love," he says with his thick british accent.

"Well, bye , Zayn. It was very nice meeting you."

"It was very nice meeting you too. I'll see you around Lainey." He winks at me, making me blush.

I wave at him one last time as I open the door to my house. At least I thought it would be the last time.

Sorry this chapter sucked! I deleted it somehow and I had to rewrite it. I'll try to edit it when I can. Please vote and Comment! Love you sqwinklas! :)