Silent Rage

"I have to leave for my office for now, Jasmine. I shall come back once I'm done then we'll share a dinner together."

Prince Hoon planted another chaste kiss on my cheek before parting away from me this morning.

•••••

A maidservant was sent to fetch me by the afternoon, she was to escort me to prince Hoon joining him for dinner this evening.

I wasted no time stepping out of the room, I waited for this all day long.

The escort took me to the other side of the palace, to a private dining restricted only to royals. A breathtaking view of the garden greeted me as the door swung open. Second prince Hoon sat on a chair, he looked as elegant as any prince charming.

His gaze soaked every detail of me as I approached, while I gave him the same penetrating stare that could melt even the most frigid beast. My unrelenting attention focused solely on him, turning him liquid as I made my way to him.

My betrothed lifted his arm and rested it on my hip. For a moment, I thought he was going to settle me on his lap, but he hesitated and guided me across the table instead.

"Sit down, Jasmine." He murmured tenderly.

I did so, my eyes drifting to the dishes served in front of us. Prince Hoon picked up the pot of tea and poured a cup for me.

"You look lovely this evening." His carefully maneuvering gaze moved from the rippling tea water inside the cup, climbing to the bare skin of my upper chest, then finally meeting my chocolate colored eyes. "Did you like the dresses I picked up for you?"

"They were beautiful." I said, "Thank you."

We settled into our meal together, barely getting started when we were soon interrupted. There were noises outside, some snarling and shouting, then the heavy doors swung open jolting me from my quiet seat. The third prince walked seething in rage.

This scary, intimidating man, walked up to us. He picked up a chair and slung it beneath the table, joining me and the second prince for dinner.

The servants scrambled to serve the third prince with his own plate. Falling and dropping plates with their unsteady hands. Everyone feared the third prince except his older brother.

The second prince closed his eyes as to try and calm himself.

It was the most intense moment, and it was the longest few seconds of my life. Third prince Julong picked up the chopsticks placed for him by a servant and began eating.

I waited for the tension to ease and hoped nothing would happen when second prince Hoon heatedly laid his chopsticks down and wiped his mouth.

"Julong, if you're going to make so much noise, and throw a childish tantrum, I'd rather you do it somewhere else, or you could at least wait until Jasmine and I are done with our dinner."

Third prince Julong was a statue of quiet rage, silent as he forced the food in his mouth, half choking on them.

Prince Hoon leaned back on his chair as he watched his younger brother with amusement. He had lost whatever appetite he had left and moved his plate to the side. His mouth thinned, turning crimson fueled by his own aggravation.

He groaned stiffly, "would you like to join us for dinner, little brother?"

"We had an agreement, elder brother." Said third prince Julong angrily. "You gave me permission."

"And I take it back." Answered second prince Hoon in a controlled domineering voice.

"You can't do that!" Prince Julong retorted in a voice so loud, it shook the room.

"I just did." Said second prince Hoon.

"I summoned her, I was going to surprise her. I was going to tell her we can finally be together...You agreed to this, elder brother!" Third prince Julong's voice plunged into desperation.

Prince Hoon picked up the chopsticks back on his grip, his attention focused on the spot before him. "And, I'm glad she walked into my office instead. Can you imagine what could have happened if she didn't? You would have told her it was okay for you two to be together." Prince Hoon chuckled at the irony. "Jasmine and I were meant to be together or else she wouldn't have wandered into my office and found me instead."

Then I remembered the summon from yesterday. How it came from nowhere, how impatient third prince Julong had been, how I made him waited, how I got lost everywhere else. I was stalled, and all those things played a part in what's supposed to happen. I wasn't meant to walk into prince Julong's office, I was meant to meet Hoon yesterday.