Chapter 4

Andy's P.O.V

  'I know my end is soon.' I thought darkly sitting in the corner of the janitor's closet, 'I probably should have my will ready..."

  To make my fears a reality the door slammed open revealing my greatest fear. One VERY pissed off female and her best friend (A deadly duo). Alice took a step towards me prompting me to shrink further back towards the wall. 

  Before I could even attempt to apologizes she was exploding in my face,"Didn't you ever learn to knock!? Did your mother not teach you any manners!?! And were you eavesdropping?!?" 

   To make the situation even worse, the only person who could help me survive was laughing. Emma was laughing her ass off while standing behind Alice.  

  Alice whipped around and yelled at Emma, "And why are you laughing? Who does he think he is barging into my office?! Would you quit laughing?!" Alice shook her head frustrated and took a deep breath. 

  Finally, after a long silence Alice sighed and whispered "I am sorry  Andy, I shouldn't have blown up at you or burst into your closet. Especially after getting so mad at you for bursting into my office." Alice had a defeated look on her face as she plopped down on to her knees in front of the door. 

   Surprised as I am that she calmed down and even grateful as I am that she is not yelling in my face anymore, I stood up and declared "Unlike someone else I know, I welcome you into my closet/office." 

  "I think I know who you're talking about and I guess I deserve it..." Alice started. But I jumped in before she could finish. 

  "No, to be fair I deserved it. I shouldn't have waltzed into your office and I wasn't a very good partner last time around so I could understand If you don't want to work together this time around. I uh.. last time... well.. I didn't... I didn't want to see you get hurt. " I mumbled. 

   Alice took a minute to respond. "You were worried about me? Why would you be worried about me? I am a grown woman and I can take care of my self." 

   I winced. "It was my first case like that. I was worried about everybody and kept everyone from doing their job. I'm sorry Alice. I really am."  𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘢, 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘢𝘺... 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩... 𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘺𝘦𝘵.  "Would you be willing to give it another shot? Even just for now? If not I can put a request in..." 𝘖𝘩 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘯𝘰.

  Alice looked thoughtful for only a moment before she responded. "I don't want to wait any longer for my dream job. If it was your first job, I guess it was mine too and I might have been a bit hot-headed... we can try again and if it doesn't work out then we can put in a request for new partners. "  

  I smiled and laughed, 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘨𝘰𝘥, "Alice why don't we get out of this stuffy closet? We could go track down Emma?" 

 Alice looked all around the closet. "I didn't even realize she left, Damn it Emma! There goes my moral support!" Alice burst out laughing and so did I. 

   With that Alice got up and lead the way out of my stuffy office. We walked towards the food court hoping to run into Emma there. Sure enough, there was Emma, contently munching on a bag of Lays BBQ chips down by the Subway. 

   "Hmm, Andy I sure could use a sub, what about you? " Alice asked mischievously. 

   " A sub would be great! " I cheered. Something told me we wouldn't end up getting subs, at least not right away. 

  Emma caught sight of us and was quick to flee. She dropped her bag of chips and flew to the doors while we casually followed behind. 

  "Better not to waste!" Alice piped up. She grabbed Emma's bag of chips of the floor, popped on in her mouth and took off towards Emma. 

Laughing I followed suit. Maybe things will work out after all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Authors note: Hi guys! Sorry I haven't updated for awhile. I will try to keep up on updates. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I am trying something new with italics, instead of I thought or think beside it. Instead I will put 𝘛𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘴 :). Also, I am I doing a vote, I need a nickname for my followers, not that I have many yet but the time may come. So, I was thinking I could address you as a herd of moose or salty seaweed or something, if anyone has any suggjestions please comment or private message them to me. Anway.. Have a great rest of night!  Toodles!    

     - Lunarkit2004