112- Neville Joins In The Betting

"I think Teddy is actually disappointed that Hope is in Slytherin," said Lupin, "he wanted her to be in Hufflepuff."

"There is no way that Hope was ever going to be in Hufflepuff," Sirius laughed, "I get the feeling that she would happily let anyone take responsibility for something as long as she got away with it."

"That feeling would be correct," Lupin said, sounding slightly weary, "she told Dora that Teddy was the one to bend the tail of her broom, when it was clear to see that it was not Teddy, as he doesn't move from the sofa when he's at home."

"No the only problem you have with Teddy is that he won't keep his hands off of his girlfriend," Venus pointed out. Victorie and Teddy seemed to always be sneaking off together, and it was all that any of the teachers could do to stop them.

"I'm just glad that none of our problems are in the same house," observed Venus, "what with Hope and Alfie losing points every chance they get, and Teddy and Vic insisting upon sneaking off and having points deducted for that, I think the hourglasses would be completely empty if they were all in one house."

"Are you implying that my son is a problem?" Sirius raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, yes I am," nodded Venus.

"You know full well that it is his," Sirius gestured at Remus, "daughter who drags him into everything."

"No, they drag each other down, that's the beauty of their friendship," laughed Remus.

********

"Oh! My baby is all grown up!" cried Venus, flinging her arms around Halley at Platform Nine and Three Quaters.

"Mum!" Halley complained, "get off me."

"Let her have her moment," Neville patted Halley's head regretfully, knowing full well how much Venus loved to embarrass her children.

Harry and Ginny were stood close by. Albus was hiding behind Ginny's leg, as Harry was wishing James goodbye. Lily, Nova and Nysa were near, talking to each other loudly about what they would do when they started at Hogwarts. James was shooting Halley looks, and laughing at her discomfort.

"Mum, you're going to see me everyday!" Halley complained, "it's not like I'm moving to America!"

Venus still refused to let her daughter go, and was now earning some looks from people close by, if that was because of her display of motherly affection, or because of who she was, Venus couldn't tell.

"Right," Venus released Halley, "go if you must, but do not forget your poor old mother when you're off at school."

"You're a bloody teacher!" Halley continued to complain, "you will literally be teaching me!"

"Halley, that it's not the point," laughed Neville, "you're going to school, that's a big deal. Just, please try not to cause too much trouble, I have a bet with your grandfather that I don't want to loose."

"What bet?" Venus frowned, "why do I never know about the bets?"

"Sirius said that he things Halley and James will cause at least twice as much havoc as Alfie and Hope, I said they wouldn't."

Venus groaned, "you're so going to lose that bet."

"You really have such a bad opinion of your own daughter?" Neville asked.

"Nev, I have a high opinion of her, that's why I think you're going to loose."

"The her in question is standing here!" Halley waved at her parents.

"If I were you I'd go get on the train before your mother starts crying," Sirius advised his granddaughter. He had just wished Alfie goodbye and the boy had hurried off onto the train.

"I think I'm going to take that advice." Halley nodded, she ducked between her parents, grabbed James's arm and the two sprinted onto the red train.

"WRITE TO US LOTS!" Ginny yelled after James.

"I swear, those two are going to be the death of us." Neville shook his head as the two knocked some second years out of the way as they climbed onto the train.

I just published the first chapter of Halley, which sits in the exact same place in the timeline as this does (the ending of Venus and the beginning of Halley will run parallel for a while.)
This book has just over 10 chapters left, I'm kind of sad about it to be honest, but I'll still be writing about Venus in other books, because I just love her!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx