Chapter twenty four

*Ryder's point of view*

I couldn't wait to see what Addison had come up with for this gala, it had to better than last year, I can't believe I let Tessa organize it.

Biggest mistake ever.

I jerked out my thoughts when Cindy rang my phone.

"Hello?" I ask as I make my way into my limo.

"Did you know mum and dad were coming tonight?" She asks a little annoyed.

"Yes I did, I invited them" I laugh when I hear her groan.

"Ugh fine, just don't let them embarrass me, I hate you!" She says before hanging up.

Got to love older sisters.

As I approached the hall, it already looked amazing from the outside.

I walked in while buttoning up my suit jacket, I looked around and it looked beautiful.

Addison did an amazing job, now I just needed to find her.

Once I talked with many people and had a drink I finally noticed Addison talking to Mia.

She looked so beautiful and I didn't know someone could look that good.

Once I gesture her over she walks up to me with a huge smile.

"Addison, you look- really beautiful" I say, my eyes shimmering at her.

"Thank you Ryder, you look good too" she replies making me grab her waist and pulling her closer to me, I whisper something in her ear before controlling myself not to kiss her.

"The gala looks amazing, reminded me to keep you permanently" I say before kissing her jaw.

She is just so perfect, beautiful and it's hard not to kiss her.

"Th-thank you" she says cutely.

I wink at her before my parents come up to her, I see Addison tensing up a little but it's nothing to worry about.

"Ryder, it's so good to see you" My mother proclaimed before embracing me a huge hug.

Well this is embarrassing.

Addison smiles awkwardly at me before holding in a laugh, I laugh a little before my father spoke."

It's good to see you son how's the company going?" my father speaks.

Of course always about work, exactly like me.

I nod my head and put a thumbs up before my mother moves away from me, I grab Addison's waist before wrapping my arm around it so I can introduce her.

"Mother, Father this is Addison my assistant, she planed the whole gala "I say, their faces light up and I know why.

They thought I would never find a decent girl, I would always sleep around but now I have found Addison.

She takes a deep breath before holding out her hands to shake them.

"Hi, nice to meet you Mr & Mrs Walsh, Addison Snow" she says sweetly, I love the way she talks.

They both shake her hand with a smile before my mother speaks again.

"It's so nice to meet you dear, you planned the whole gala?" she nods her head slowly as I couldn't wipe the smirk that appeared on my face.

"You did an amazing job and I also see my son happy, that's a first but I am glad someone keeps him sane." I groan in reply.

She really had to say it keeps me 'sane'?

"You did do a great job Ms. Snow, Ryder take care of her, nice meeting you too" my father speaks before going off with my mother to find Cindy probably.

I turn around to come face to face with Addison, I smirk at her as she smiles lightly.

"Your parents seem nice." She says, I rub the back of my neck and look away.

"Yeah I guess, they liked you" I reply as she bites her lip and blushes slightly.

She is so hot.

"Well we better get to our table, we have some charity work to do" she says before we both walk to the table together.

***

"Go, Addison" I nudge her to go on the stage, she doesn't strike me as that much of a shy person.

"No, you go I don't want too" I rolled my eyes before lifting her up and placing her on the staircase to go on the stage.

She gives me a death stare before steeping on the stage and the reading off the piece of paper.

"Thank you all for coming, this gala means a lot because it is a chance to donate to the unfortunate I would like to personally thank..." Once her speech was finally finished she walked off the stage pissed off.

As she sat down I was about to talk to her when her phoned buzzed and Lucas my co-worker had to call me up.

"Ryder Walsh, the boss of it all come up here" I groan before walking up on the stage while Addison laughs and raising her eyebrow.

As I begin saying my speech Addison stands up and looks at me sadly.

I was about to stop and rush over to her but she mouthed 'keep going' before hurrying out.

"Um, that's the end of the speech thank you" Once everyone claps I smile and nod my head before rushing out of the hall.

I hear Tessa's voice, fuck, that bitch can't leave us alone can she?

"I guess not, I guess I will have to tell Ryder that you were-"

"You were what?" I ask when I step outside.

Addison clenches her jaw before slapping Tessa across the face.

I wanted to smirk and high five her for doing that, but now isn't really that time to do that.

"It's- nothing, I- I" she says worriedly.

"Ow, you bitch I HATE YOU" Tessa shouts before I use my hand to back her away.

"TESSA LEAVE" I shout in my coldest voice, I hate her with everything.

Tessa moves back a little before she says one more thing.

"Tell him slut, tell him everything or I will" She says before walking away, God I hate her.

I wanted to kill her, no I will kill her she is the biggest bitch I have ever met.

"Addison enough what are you hiding, you're a liar" I say instantly regretting it.

I guess everything is just getting to me and Addison not opening up to me makes it worse.

When she starts to cry and break down I feel worse so I went closer to her.

"I- I am sorry, I was a bit harsh" I say before tightening the hug.

She cries even harder and I am so confused now.

"N-no it's not that I- I am hiding something and I think you should know" she says as she moves away from me slowly.

Tell me Addison.

I sigh before speaking again.

"Ok, tell me if you want too no matter want I won't leave you" I say honestly, how could anyone ever leave this beautiful woman?

She looks at me worriedly before taking a deep, worried breath.

This is it, I am finally going to know everything.

Once she finally gets the strength she speaks.

"I- I was abused by my father for eleven years" My jaw dropped.

Oh my god.

Question of the day:

What do you think Ryder thinks of her now?

What country do you live in?